• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. anybody have experience on repairing manual trans.?

I got my transmission pulled out, because it was stuck in gear. But I have never been into one before, is there somewhere I can look to find directions to fix it or do one of you have directions you can give me? 1985 Ford Ranger 2.3L 5 speed manual 4x4
  2. Got the transmission out, now what

I got the transmission pulled out :yahoo: (thank you adsm08) Now I need to know what the next step is. I pulled it out because the transmission was stuck in gear. So now where do I start digging into it, anybody have pictures of what it is supposed to look like when I start removing parts? I...
  3. how do I unhook the clutch

1985 Ford Ranger 5 speed 4x4...how do I unhook the clutch? and do I unhook it at the bellhousing or the firewall? thanks
  4. 1st time pulling a transmission, need directions. 1985 Ford Ranger 4x4

I have a 1985 Ford Ranger 4x4 5-speed. I have to pull the transmission because it is stuck in 3rd gear, the previous owner slammed it into gear in a mud pit and so it has been stuck ever since, it did still drive while in that gear so I dont think any gears are broke, just that the rod broke or...
  5. No spark at the plug

Ok so I have no spark at my plug, I have power at my coil, and I have power at my distributor's plug....so what should I check first and how? the coil or the distributor? the engine turns over and all of the wireing is good as are the connections (just wired everything and checked:dunno:) but...
  6. What is a "start bypass"? Wireing a pre-runner offroad truck

I am trying to wire up the ignition in my truck and trying to figure out what they are talking about in this picture/diagram. I don't know what the "start bypass" is and also do not know what or where the resistor is located. Let me explain what I am trying to do since someone who has read...
  7. 1985 Ranger 2.3L, LOTS of wireing questions

ok I got this truck as a project vehicle and I am new to the forum so hopefully I am posting in the correct place. Here is what I know about the truck it has the 2.3L in it, and has been swapped over with a carburetor intake manifold, so it is no longer fuel injected. It sat for a long time and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad