• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Tulsa Time

F47F 12A650 CPA vs CRA

I have a 1993 Ranger, 4x4, automatic. When the 3.0 lost a couple of cylinders, I replaced it with a 4.0, A4LD out of a 1994, 2wd. I changed the tail shaft in the 2wd transmission to maintain the 4x4 capability but I used the 2wd ECM (F47F 12A650 CPA). From a swap perspective, I have had no...
  2. Tulsa Time

3.0 to 4.0 swap is DONE!

After several months of driving my ‘93 Ranger with a very poor running 3.0, I finally got off my butt and swapped in the 4.0. It was a bit of a task since the 4.0 came out of a ‘94 2wd and needed to go into a 4x4. I started with a Delta Cams rocker arm/push rod kit in the 4.0. That was pretty...
  3. Tulsa Time

A4LD thrust washer/bearing

I disassembled my 1994 A4LD last night. It came from behind a 4.0. It has about 158,000 miles on it and has never been apart (at least not since Dad bought the truck with less than 20,000 miles on it). When I removed the center support, there was no thrust washer or bearing between it and the...
  4. Tulsa Time

4.0 Valvetrain noise

I am getting ready to use my '94 4.0. When I was driving it every day, I don't remember any significant valve train noise. However, after sitting for a while, anytime I would start it to move the truck the engine was quite noisy. I know the 4.0 is prone to rocker arm to pushrod wear. This...
  5. Tulsa Time

Silverado Super Bowl ad

I think it's hilarious. http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/ford-asks-chevy-pull-super-bowl-pickup-ad-180038223.html Anyone else?
  6. Tulsa Time

Weighing my options

I have a 1993 Ranger, 3.0, A4LD, 4X4. I have never been satisfied with the power (more specifically, torque) output of the 3.0, though, in its defense, it has never been 100% as long as I’ve owned it. The 3.0 is now dead. It has 0 PSI in the # 3 cylinder. I’m pretty sure this is due to a broken...
  7. Tulsa Time

4.0 vs 3.0 A4LD

I am preparing to swap the 4.0 out of my 94 2wd into my 93 4x4. The 93 currently has a 3.0. Both trucks have A4LD transmissions. My understanding is that the 4.0 bellhousing can be used on the 3.0, 4x4 transmission. Are there any internal transmission differences between the 4.0 2wd (truck was...
  8. Tulsa Time

4.0 rocker shaft bolts

Helping my brother replace rockers and pushrods in his 91 Explorer, 4.0. We're ready to put it back together and noticed the rocker shaft bolts are torque to yeild. Advanced Auto parts shows "brackets" with bolts for $50 per side. This is unexpected and un budgeted, not to mention the time...
  9. Tulsa Time

Rental Jeep

I've been out of town for the past few weeks. The rental company offered me a choice between a Mercury Marquis and a Wrangler Sport. That was a no brainer! So far I have pretty much behaved myself. Although, hypothetically speaking, if one were to take a 2011 Wrangler on a trail and...
  10. Tulsa Time

Mile Marker Hubs

Has anyone used Mile Marker hubs on a D35, TTB, RVB? I can get these really cheap. (It’s good to have family connections) So unless I find out they are junk, I will be installing a set next week. The consensus of those I have spoken with is they are “Good stuff”. Also, does anyone know if...
  11. Tulsa Time

Hybrid Front Axle

I have a 1993 Ranger, 3.0, Auto, 4x4. I did a lot of digging in the tech library and discovered it has the hybrid front axle. I have several questions about this axle. Since the tech library has been reformatted, I haven’t been able to locate some of the info I had previously found. My...
  12. Tulsa Time

4.0 belhousing

I have a 1994 Ranger, 4.0, auto, 2wd. It got rolled. I bought a 1993 Ranger, 3.0, auto, 4X4. It wont even get out of its own way. I know the 4.0 wont bolt to the 3.0 belhousing but, can I use the 4.0 belhousing/torque converter on the 4X4 trans? Or am I way off in left field here?
  13. Tulsa Time

Anyone familiar with these tires?

These tires came on my Ranger when I bought it (235/75 R15). They have good tread and aren't dry at all but my right front tire shakes like crazy between 60 and 65. It's bad enough that I'm sure people driving next to me can see it. I need to replace it but haven't been able to locate this...
  14. Tulsa Time

4.0 bell housing

I have a 94 2wd Ranger with a 4.0 auto. I bought a 93 4x4 Ranger with a 3.0 auto. I know the bellbousing is different between the 3.0 and the 4.0. Will the 4.0 bellhousing/torque converter fit the 3.0 transmission? Sorry for the elementary question but I am a recent GM convert.
  15. Tulsa Time

Front hub/drive shaft/diff questions

I just bought a '93 Ranger 4x4. It's the first 4x4 I've ever owned. During inspection I've found a few issues that bring questions to mind. My most immediate question is about the auto locking hubs. I don't plan to replace them anytime soon so I would like to service them. I am in the process...
  16. Tulsa Time

Rolled truck. Options?

First let me apologize if any of this is incoherent. I am on pain medication at the moment. Last weekend I was out of town visiting family. I was rear ended causing my Ranger to roll. (Other than a partially dislocated shoulder and a week, so far, of back and neck pain, I seem to be ok.) The...
  17. Tulsa Time

Possible ground issue...

I am having an issue with my in tank fuel pump. This has been driving me mad! :temper: I believe (by process of elimination) it may be a ground issue. I can not locate the termination point of the in tank fuel pump ground. I have a 1985 Ranger with a 2.3 "A" engine. Can someone please tell...
  18. Tulsa Time

Distributer gear

In the process of remote mounting my TFI module, I discovered the hall effect switch connector was melted. So as I tried to remove the shaft to replace it, I discovered the gear is a very tight fit. The only way I could get it off was with a 3 jaw puller. The Puller damaged the gear so I ordered...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad