• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.9-302 conversion questions

so im trying to gather information on doing a 302 swap:headbang:. i can find a 302 no problem, but i was wondering about trannys. the tech info section say c4 is most practical, but im planning on long highway trips and a 3-speed doesnt seem appealing. i was wondering if anyone had experience...
  2. 2.9 to 4.0 swap

hey everyone, i found an OHV 4.0L out of a 90 ranger and wanna put it in my 87 ranger. ive read the swap articles in the technical info section and it seems pretty straight forward. in the 4.0 conversion faqs, it say to put an 89+ into an 88- you need to replace the dash. it doesnt say why that...
  3. tfi remote mounting procedure questions

so im doing a remote mount procedure for my new tfi to prevent the heat from ruining it and i got 2 questions: 1. does the new tfi have to be mounted to a metal area? 2. when making my harness, do i have to salvage the foil ford uses, or can i use everyday aluminum foil to protect against...
  4. TFI remote mount malfunction

so im at my storage container workin on my 87 ranger with a 2.9 and i just tried doing the remote TFI mount procedures. i dont have hardware to mount the tfi right now so i figured id start the truck w/o mounting it and get to it tomorrow. the engine is misfiring badddd with the throttle floored...
  5. 87 ranger xlt hub issues

hi i recently bought an 87 ranger xlt 4x4, was replacing the front passenger side bearing and notice the needle thrust bearing, bearing spacer, and the axle shaft spacer are missing. mine are auto locking hubs WITHOUT an inner and outer spindle nut. the spindle nut on there is a hex nut, not a...
  6. 87 ranger xlt auto-locking hub issues

just bought an 87 ranger xlt in great condition, just needed new front bearings. i took off the right front hub and its missing the spindle washer and the tiny pin bearings, i was wondering if anyone knew if just that stack-up of washers is available anywhere (tried o'reilys and advance, they...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad