• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Parking brake cable

I have a 2001 XLT 2.5L with manual transmission. I want to replace all the ebrake cables. How many are there and what's a good brand and part number to use? Is there one that goes from the front to back, then a left rear, and a right rear? I'm also not sure if I have 9 or 10 inch drums. I see...
  2. Broken tie rod?

2001 Ranger XLT 2.5L with RWD and manual transmission, single cab. 238k miles. Had this happen today in the picture. Looks like a tie rod? What all will I need replaced? The rack and pinion with tie rod ends? My shop lets me buy everything on Amazon or Rock Auto and bring it to them, but I'd...
  3. Parking brake part numbers?

I have a 2001 XLT 2.5L manual transmission with RWD. I am looking to redo the parking brake with OEM parts. Do I need anything other than the BRCA50 and BRCA29 Motorcraft parts?
  4. Leaking radiator on 2001 2.5L

I have a 2001 XLT 2.5L with about 234k miles. I notice small drips coming out of this area by the upper hose, but it's not leaking from the hose or connection itself. The hose is pretty new actually. I noticed after awhile my overflow reservoir was empty at cold start in the morning. Do I...
  5. AC leak after replacing engine

On my 2001 Ranger XLT RWD 2.5L engine, I had the shop that replaced my blown engine replace the refrigerant when they put in the donor engine. The AC worked fine for about a year but then it leaked out and blew warm. I just recharged it and it works fine again, but is there something that may...
  6. 2.5L ('98-'01) Sediment in cooling tank

I have a 2001 Ranger 2.5L engine. 235k miles on the radiator and all accessories. 125k on the engine. I keep getting sediment in the coolant tank every 1000 miles. Not much but enough to notice. I got a flush and it still happened. I waited about 3000 miles and went to the dealer since they...
  7. Why can't shops ever get the drums correct?

I have 231k miles on my 2001 XLT RWD with manual transmission. I've had my drums and shoes replaced maybe 4 times in the past 20 years. Each time, the shop seems to leave my ebrake cable in some sort of disrepair or the drums and shoes themselves not properly working. Is there something...
  8. 2.5L ('98-'01) Sediment in overflow tank

I blew the head gasket on my 231k mile engine. There was some sediment in the overflow tank and it was empty when I checked a couple days later, plus the chocolate milk as oil. Replaced the engine with one that has 121k miles and looks in decent shape. Replaced water pump, thermostat, spark...
  9. 2001 Headlight housing

I have a 2001 Ranger XLT 2.5L. Will these work since I see some reviews for others say 2001 is listed as working but needs modifications to the wiring. I just want something similar that is plug and play so I can swap them myself. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08LPBXGC5/ My current stock...
  10. AC stopped working after engine change

I had my 2.5L engine swapped out on my 2001 Ranger because the head gasket blew. Got a used engine to replace the old one. Everything is working fine with it but I noticed my air conditioner isn't blowing cold. It's not blowing warm. My AC would blow ice cold before. Is there something that...
  11. 2.5L ('98-'01) Overfilled coolant then empty

My 2001 Ranger XLT 2.5L engine with 231k miles had the coolant at the proper fill line in the overflow reservoir. It stayed at the same level for the past 7 years. That's the last time I had the water pump and thermostat replaced. I noticed the other day the coolant was overfilled in the...
  12. Mechanic lied?

2001 Ford Ranger XLT 2.5L RWD, has ABS How many brake lines does this truck have? I went to a mechanic and said I want all my brake lines changed. Nothing under the hood is new going to the master cylinder (aside from the newer looking one that was replaced a few years ago that goes to the...
  13. What brake line / fittings?

Are these the right fittings for a 2001 Ranger XLT 2.5L RWD manual transmission? I have ABS since the light cycles when I start it but not sure if its 2 or 4 wheel. https://www.amazon.com/4-75-Copper-Nickel-Brake-Fittings/dp/B01801G45A/
  14. Caliper bracket

I ordered new Power Stop calipers and got the right part according to their website (S4606A). The shop told me the caliper is fine but the mounting bracket is wrong. I called Power Stop (their customer service sucks) but they told me I could get the S4606 that has a smaller bracket but same...
  15. Is this a bad wheel bearing?

Finally have a nice day today so I will change the wheel bearings and pads/rotors. Took the dust cap off the one side and see this. Is that a bad wheel bearing or some bigger issue?
  16. Cruise light on, doesnt work/no backup lights or parking

2001 Ranger XLT RWD 2.5L engine with manual 5 speed transmission. 220k miles. All dash lights are normal except what I'm about to describe: 1. Cruise control light on dash will turn on when I turn it on but it won't hold the speed anymore. 2. Parking brake light on dash only illuminates about...
  17. Manual is hard to shift

I have a 2001 Ranger 2.5L RWD 5 speed manual transmission. It's a little hard shifting at times, not terrible but I'd like it smoother. Is there anything that would need to be replaced other than fluid? Can I use Royal Purple Synchromax? I believe it calls for Mercon V ATF. I think I need 2.8...
  18. Wheel bearing help

2001 Ford Ranger RWD 2.5L 4 wheel ABS. I need new wheel bearings. Looking at Timken brand since its $250 for Motorcraft from the dealer. What do I need to order to press everything in? I watched a video and it looks like a hammer that fits inside the bearing. What else do I need to order? 1...
  19. What do my front rotors look like?

2001 Ford Ranger XLT 2.5L RWD with manual transmission. Regular cab (smallest) and bed of truck is a standard (not stepside). What does the front rotor look like? Is the the bottom one or second from the bottom? Different websites tell me different things. Some descriptions say the 2nd from...
  20. Adjust brakes going in reverse

2001 Ford Ranger XLT 2.5L manual transmission. My rear drum brakes were out of adjustment and the shop told me once they readjusted them that there's a self adjuster in there that works. They said go in reverse. How many times and how fast? I took the truck to an inspection shop later that day...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad