• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1993rangerxl

Timing a 1993 2.3L!

Replaced timing belt, running but lacks power. Missing both halves of the timing cover, so no timing marks to reference. Any help would be great.
  2. 1993rangerxl

Trans swap

Needing a replacement trans for my 93. Mine has a cable driven speedo cable (m5od ) ,what year was it changed to wire? Are old and new interchangeable?
  3. 1993rangerxl

Timing a 1993 2.3L!

Replaced the timing belt and have it running, but no power. Because of a bad mechanic, I have no timing marks to reference to (broke off rear timing cover at the top of the block and front half is completely gone ). Could use some help getting timing correct. Thanks for the help in advance...
  4. 1993rangerxl

Timing a 1993 2.3L!

This is easily done when the timing marks are available. ,however this is not the case. Outer cover is gone, period. Inner cover was broken off by the same incompetent shop that broke the outer cover. (Shop is now out of business ). I have replaced the timing belt and have it running but has no...
  5. 1993rangerxl

Workin' on my 93 timing belt

Got the new water pump in, new timing belt tensioner new timing belt. Cranked it up to see if I got it right. Started up good, but very loud like no oil to top of motor. Has oil, no coolant yet (only ran about 60 to 90 seconds ) shows oil pressure in usual place. Any ideas or suggestions...
  6. 1993rangerxl

Trans swap

Will a 5spd manual trans from a 2001 2.3 duratec bolt up to my 2.3 1993 5spd?
  7. 1993rangerxl

Hard to start, then runs poorly first couple miles and presto! All is right

Got a new car so the ranger sits now for a few days or a week. Trying to start requires turning the key off and try again oh 8 to 10 times, finally starts and feels like only 2 or 3 cylinders are firing. Force it down the road couple of miles feels like a big miss fire and then runs great. Any...
  8. 1993rangerxl

To turbo or not

Considering what to do for more power /torque. Was thinking 4.0,but obd1 versions are not that common to find as a good used engine or are sky high priced. Other possible idea to bolt on plumbing from a turboed 2.3 like the from the SC t-bird. I know that it can be done, but not sure about my...
  9. 1993rangerxl

clutch not disengagin

Ok here goes : 93 xl 2wd, 4 banger 5 speed. 365k, 60 k on clutch. Today started to get hard to go into gear (any), just stopped to get gas and with pedal on floor not fully disengagin nearly stalling it out. Can hear a bad bearing sound with clutch in. Am I looking at a clutch replacement...
  10. 1993rangerxl

tire sizes

Will be doing the Explorer axle swap soon,my question is how big (tall) a tire will fit a stock hight 2wd ranger. Looking at a 31" tire. Will that work without rubbing while playing off road? Thanks in advance.
  11. 1993rangerxl

f series 4X4 trucks

What are the pros and cons of the different motors and trannys used in Ford pick ups? The 4.9 I6; the 4.6,5.0 and 5.4? Auto or manuel trans. My interest goes to reliability, and high milage (300K +).
  12. 1993rangerxl

Driveshaft harmonic balancer?

Now I've done it! After first teaching oldest grandson to drive a stick (many stallouts and abrupt starts) then burying it in a knee deep mud puddle, I have the balancer at the front of the drive shaft (near tranny) is no longer attached to the driveshaft but rather is most of the time sitting...
  13. 1993rangerxl

V-6 swaps

Have been going thru the tech section of TRS, my questions are, 1) Which is a better choice, 4.0 or 3.8? (I already have a 2000 3.8 with T5 trans from a mustang) 2) My truck is a 93 (OBD1?) which computer to use in the swap, OBD1 or 2? 3) in the tech section, I see v6 swap for v6 but not from a...
  14. 1993rangerxl

replacing 4banger for more power on a budget

Looking to replace my 2.3l and now tired (350+K!)motor. Longer term project to beef up entire trucks capabilities for hauling and towing. Now looking at engine swaps that will not require a lot of customizing to work. Also being a 93 is an obd1 setup. Prefer to stay with ford power but open to...
  15. 1993rangerxl

PATS to non-PATS?

Have a 2000 mustang 3.8L to stuff into my'93, my question is this is a PATS motor which I don't have, to get this to run without the PATS system? What will I have to change to accomplish this? Thanks in advance everyone!
  16. 1993rangerxl

93 won't start in cold weather

Friend of mine has a 93 with 4.0/auto, no problems when temps are 60+, won't start with temps in 30's. What to start looking at? Any help is welcome!
  17. 1993rangerxl

radius arms

Ok,I have to replace the rubber grommets/bushing in the radius arms on my 93. It's a 2wd,4banger. According to Hayes I have to disassemble the suspension and remove the springs. My question is, do I have to go that far in disassembly? While it's apart, what else should I be looking for...
  18. 1993rangerxl

guage issues

I think my dash is dying, I've had this truck 17+yrs now. The gas gauge does the same thing every time. First started shows full (maxed out) and within a few minutes shows a hair above empty, no matter how much gas is in it. And now oil pressure sometimes shows normal and other times about half...
  19. 1993rangerxl

radiator swap

I need to replace my radiator, now has 2.3L looking forward to putting in a mustang 3.8 or a 4.0. Will the radiator for the 4.0 bolt into place, with hoses and all with my current four banger motor still there. Not wanting to get the smaller radiator only to have to swap it out again with the...
  20. 1993rangerxl

93 ranger running poorly

This started a few days ago, started running bad after stalling it. Low rpm's runs like out of time, exhaust smells awful (not rotten eggs smell), heavy oil smoke, heavy carbon inside tailpipe. Over 3000 rpm runs pretty good but still off in power. Timing seams to be OK. Drove it home from work...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad