• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. transmission problems again

I just had the tranny rebuilt and it's still not driving, we noticed that the flexplate is grinding against the oil pan, I'll upload a picture tomorrow. My question is, is a manual crankshaft (my new motor is a 3.0 from a manual, while mine was auto) different then a automatic, also is it...
  2. transmission problems

We just finished installing a new motor in my 1998 Ford ranger, when we started it up we noticed a noise, kinda like a knocking noise, and noticed it was coming from the transmission. I have an automatic in my truck. We took off the little plate to see if it was a loose bolt on the torque...
  3. need pictures please!

I am so close to finishing my truck and I just wanna make sure I have all the hoses right. I need pictures of pretty much every hose in the engine bay of a 1998 ranger 3.0. Please send pictures if you can. Thanks in advance
  4. New motor need opinions on break in oil

The title says it all. I'm rebuilding a 3.0l for my truck cause mine decided to take a dump. I've bought a re-ring kit from sealed power off summit racing along with new motorcraft spark plugs and new oil. the guys at autozone told me to just add an additive of zinc. Tell me what you guys think.
  5. Motor and tranny swap help please!!

I have a 1998 ranger xlt that has a 3.0 and an automatic in it but the engine has started to take a dump so i went and bought a parts truck with a 3.0 and a 5 speed manual. I want to put the manual in but i have some questions about the swap, i have the whole truck so i have all the computers...
  6. 1998 Ford ranger bucking issue please help

I have a 1998 ford ranger xlt with the 3.0 and its 2wd with 185,000 miles on it. For the past 2 months its been bucking while I drive and its lost performance and sounds like i have a misfire. It only bucks when i accelerate or when i stay at a constant speed over 40. I have checked for low...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad