• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2001 Ranger 4x4 5R55E interchange

You say no on the 5r55s, but I'm curious why? I'm looking to do the opposite to the op. I have a 5r55s in a 4x4 04 ex and found a well priced 5r55e from a 4x4 04 ranger. Is it electronics? Or will the transfer case not swap over?
  2. 1989 2.9l vacuum connections

Installed the catch can, but have yo pick up a new peice of vacuum tube, my old one isnt long enough.
  3. 1989 2.9l vacuum connections

I couldnt tell where my issue was coming from so i did head gaskets and valve seals at the same time. Also was easier to do the valves with the head off. Didnt seem to do anything for me. I was planning to do a catch can to see what i would get. Ill report back on this and plugs when i get a...
  4. 1989 2.9l vacuum connections

Not sure i understand the question. Why do i drive my truck hard? Why do i do Hard engine braking?
  5. 1989 2.9l vacuum connections

Yea but this isnt an alternator were talking about. And i checked everything before it went in So im pretty confident the valves guides and seals are fine. It also doesnt smoke at all on start up and will ilde all day with nothing. Even if you blip the throttle a few times or hold rpm for a few...
  6. 1989 2.9l vacuum connections

Ok ill check plugs. Heads were brand new castings. New seals twice, new valves, new guides. All new.
  7. 1989 2.9l vacuum connections

Yea, thats what i would normally guess but compression is good and runs great. Ive just been runnin it but its eating me. I gotta know! Valve guides and seals were new with the head and i replaced the seals again already with good felpro set.
  8. 1989 2.9l vacuum connections

Yea, it come out of the tailpipe only.
  9. 1989 2.9l vacuum connections

Blue with a burning oil smell. Only does it right after a stop, but not always.
  10. 1989 2.9l vacuum connections

Hey great info, exactly what i was looking for. Good news is im hooked up right, bad news is im still having an issue. Im smoking right at take off after sitting at a stop light and right at takeoff from a stop after very hard engine breaking. I also get a little external leaking after...
  11. 1989 2.9l vacuum connections

I have been searching for vacuum diagrams for this engine, and have only been able to find ones that are similar or incomplete. The biggest question i have is what connects beneath the throttle body. There are two ports, one behind and one in front of the throttle plate.
  12. 1989 2.9L Ranger Build

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  13. 1989 2.9l Ranger Alternator

My alternator just went so I am crunched for time. I have done quite a bit of research but since i am now forced to get a new alternator, i would like not have to buy a new one only to replace it again in the next few weeks. I have been doing reading into upgrading my alternator because I am...
  14. 1989 2.9L Ranger Build

Truck: 1989 2.9L Ranger XLT I had the number 1 piston melt down from a blown head gasket resulting in the need for a complete rebuild. The engine had over 250K and ran great even with the toasted piston. (other than the smoke obviously) The engine is currently broken down completely. I am...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad