• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. MastuhWaffles

Good Audio Stays Good

I guess I'm somewhat of an audiophile now and what I've noticed is that audio is a world of diminishing returns. Around the 1970s they really figured out audio and learned how to make it good - and when audio is good it stays good. You can keep trying to improve the sound and quality but...
  2. MastuhWaffles

15% Ethanol?

Wow a post from me woah. Anyways I saw the gas station selling 15% ethanol 88 octane fuel now that's cheaper than 10% 87. They say it's usable in vehicles past 2001 but the government is always sus. Is this usable in the 07 Ranger? Is there anything I should be concerned about if I fill up...
  3. MastuhWaffles

Update/New Car

Wow I'm still alive and kicking around however I suppose its time for an update. I do the jet things, they give me the money and finally I make enough to actually afford something cool. And well I present to you: A hellcat. 707HP with a manual and man it rips. So I drove it all the way from...
  4. MastuhWaffles

Servicing at 150,000 miles

Well somehow my truck has survived to 150,000 miles (almost), pretty much I've followed the service manual, regular oil changes etc. Over the years I've had to change some suspension components, the door latches, battery and cables etc, nothing major mechanical however. So is there anything else...
  5. MastuhWaffles

Taillights have different bulb connector housings?

So a while back my passenger side taillight wouldnt blink anymore so I replaced the bulb with the Sylvannia 3156 as the manual states.... Recently the driver side went out to, being I had spare bulbs I tried to fit the 3156 and the little plastic piece was too big. So going to the autoparts...
  6. MastuhWaffles

My truck got broken into

So after 10 years someone broke into my truck yesterday, they punched open the outside lock with a screwdriver, then proceeded to try and mess with the ignition to steal the truck. Luckily the failed on stealing it however they took some random items...Nothing of value. For about 150 bucks I got...
  7. MastuhWaffles

Woah...Update time?

Has it been 8 years on here already? Jesus, I'm an old man now. Anyways I figured I'd post a random update. So starting with my truck, well officially I have been driving it for 10 years now. And the truck itself is 14 years old. She still gets me to work everyday and back, soon to be at...
  8. MastuhWaffles

Biggest Tire Size

Im looking to stuff some 285/75/16 tires under my truck, currently I have 265/70/16s on it now. It has the torsion lift, any idea on if they would fit or not? I'd like to plop on some tires before I do fiberglass fenders. I think they may rub but I do have some small 1 inch offroad spacers if...
  9. MastuhWaffles

Update

Well I'm still alive and kicking. Ranger is doing well with 112,000 miles on it now. Im still flying and instructing and I just signed onto the airlines which I start next year. Im getting ready to throw some upgrades at my Ranger here soon so Ill be around asking a few things.
  10. MastuhWaffles

2021 Bronco Using Ranger Parts

Apparently there was a tire company that leaked the new bronco's engine, which is going to be the 2.3L turbo in the Ranger. I'm curious if Ford is going to repeat itself and use a shared chassis for the Bronco and Ranger, which would be neat for parts maybe 20 years in the future if they produce...
  11. MastuhWaffles

Steering Upgrades

I think my steering is getting a bit beat up. After 100,000 miles of rough roads there is getting to be a lot of play. Is there any upgrades or anything I should look to change out in my steering system that would be worthwhile at this time?
  12. MastuhWaffles

2019 Ranger

So being now that I actually will have a job in a couple of weeks, and with my truck about to hit 100k I've been looking at the new Ranger. I have to say, I am disappointed. I was hoping they'd bring back my color Screaming Yellow, but really all they have are silver, white, grey, black and...
  13. MastuhWaffles

No Power

Today I got back from class and parked my truck, later this evening I had gone out to go get something to eat, only to find that my truck has no power. First I noticed the remote didn't work, I thought it was a dead battery in the key fob so I unlocked my truck, jumped in and as I turned the...
  14. MastuhWaffles

Explorer 5.0L Swap

So I'm wanting to do that engine swap into my Ranger, and as I have read throughout the article I still have some questions. First off, its going in my 2007 2WD Sport, so is that even viable? Or will it only work with the 4x4? Secondly will it bolt up to my transmission? Or will I need an...
  15. MastuhWaffles

Thermostat Housing V2

So awhile ago I made a post about my thermostat housing and thermostat essentially kicking the bucket. Well after replacing it I haven't had any issues until last Sunday. The cheap plastic new one split at the seams where the two halves are molded together and started leaking coolant. Luckily...
  16. MastuhWaffles

Dream Plane

As some of you know I recently got my pilots license, well so far my planes been grounded getting IFR certified and some things are being worked on. (I get to be the test pilot again.) But recently my grandpa picked up a new plane. Now I've gotten to privilege to fly some cool planes, A...
  17. MastuhWaffles

Airbag Recall

So I remembered I had a letter stating that my 07 Ranger had an airbag recall, and at the time Ford said they didn't have the parts to do the recall yet. However upon a call not that long ago they still don't have anything. It's probably been about a year or maybe even more since I got that...
  18. MastuhWaffles

Water Pump

Well after 9 years today the water pump gave out on my truck, I saw the temperature shoot up and the red light come on so I pulled over and shut off my truck. Well I'm going to replace it tomorrow, is there anything I should know about replacing it or is it fairly straight forward?
  19. MastuhWaffles

Reviving The 835B

So about 3 years ago I got my Duratrax 835B Nitro RC, well after a bunch of parts breaking I stuffed it in the shed for 3 years. Well today I found it and decided to bring it back to life. First thing I got the engine off, the pullstart needs to be replaced and it should be here the 20th. Next...
  20. MastuhWaffles

I got a plane

So I've been working towards getting my pilots license and now I'm finally able to really get into it. Most of the time I have been flying slow Bi-Planes from the front seat and not having brakes or the instruments. But now I have a plane to finish my training on. It's a 1976 Cessna 150M that's...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad