• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. sfwjesse

Valve job in process, should i put rings in?

So the old ranger blew a head gasket, about 30k miles after the previous owner had it replaced. He blew it, ruined the heads, and his shop put in junkyard heads for a bargain and off he went. Sold it to me, i ran it for 20k miles, blew it, so here i am. I pulled the heads, saw the blowout in...
  2. sfwjesse

93 Ranger front dif junk??

90k miles, axle code 91 (open dif 8.8) 3.27, turn the front drive shaft and do not see either front axle shaft moving. There is not grinding or clunking noise, just spins the driveshaft and not the axle shafts. My dad just bought the rig and its turning out to be a lemon. Checked the fluid level...
  3. sfwjesse

Rear end of frame fabrication questions

Hi guys. My dad just bought a 93 extended cab 4x4. It has low mileage but the rear bumper and about 1' of the frame in the back is rotted out. I guess the rest of the frame is good but as you know ford made things pretty flimsy the further back you go on the frame. I was thinking of finding a...
  4. sfwjesse

7/7 dropped ranger?

Lol SVT just what does one use a brush guard for on a truck that doesnt have the clearance to make it over a pebble....let alone a trail with brush on it.
  5. sfwjesse

Bumper brackets

hey guys, I bought a 2" body lift off a guy on craigslist a while back that didnt come with bumper brackets. Ive been living with the gap for a year now, and now im thinking its time to finish that up. Ive put the bumper as high as it can go and theres still about 1.5" gap. Can you buy just...
  6. sfwjesse

1994 Grand Marquis rotted spring seat

Hi, I have a rotted spring seat on the rear axle. I have a parts car with a good axle but it would be a pain to pull it....and just as much of a pain to fabricate and weld another one on the current rear end. I found U-boltable spring seats http://www.summitracing.com/parts/QTI-RM-603/...
  7. sfwjesse

1994 Grand Marquis shifting issue

I tried registering at crownvic.net to post this question...but the clowns there wont even approve my account and its been 2 days. I figured i would post in a good forum. I am a ranger guy but my mom's 1994 grand marq. is dying and she has my ranger so i want to resolve this asap and get the...
  8. sfwjesse

Rear dif fluid

Having a hard time and getting frustrated here. The guys at the ford garage told me to use 80-90 gear oil, and if i had a limited slip to use the friction modifier. Problem is, i have no idea what a limited slip rear looks like as opposed to a normal one. I have it open, but i dont know what the...
  9. sfwjesse

James duff body lift question

I have the James duff lift kit 6454 for the BII/ranger 1983 1/2 to 1992. I also have the corresponding mounts from Duff. I got these for about 1/2 price on craigslist, and am hoping to use them on my 93 ranger. What problems am i going to encounter by having the wrong kit for my year??
  10. sfwjesse

Mile marker hub question

So i was at the junkyard, browsing for a quality valve cover to replace mine, when i saw some mile marker hubs on an exploder, i beleive it was a 94. The splines look like a dana 35 size, so i grabbed them for 10 bucks a piece. Unfortunately i got looking at the exploder, and realized the dub...
  11. sfwjesse

Oil filter mount question

I dont know what the name of it is, but it is the piece that bolts to the engine block that the oil filter screws up into. My filter was being a bitch as usual and not coming off, so i had to resort to the screw driver punch through method. When i was banging on it (not very hard), direction of...
  12. sfwjesse

Pressure plate adjustment ring question

97 Ranger 4cyl 5spd 2wd...my dad's rig: According to the LOVELY haynes manual, before you put the pressure plate on the flywheel, you compress the springs, then click that ring all the way counter clockwise. His was all the way clockwise, so he clicked it all the way counterclockwise before...
  13. sfwjesse

Cheap fog lights

Just an FYI for you cheapos out there like myself. If you have a 93 ranger with fog light(and whatever other years use those fog lights), im sure you have lost the glass piece long ago and now have big gray craters with a rust covered bulb in the middle. I am also sure that you checked...
  14. sfwjesse

shackle Bolt Wont Come Out

Ive done 4 of those now...although ive always removed junk shackles so i destroyed that part and tried to salvage the spring bushing. I can assure you ever one of them required heating with oxy or mapp gas . At some point the bolt frees itself from the sleeve and you then have the fun chore of...
  15. sfwjesse

97 Ranger 2WD Tranny blown??

My dad got a 97 ranger with 127k on it, 5 spd, 4 cyl, 2wd, for 200 bucks. The guy said his mechanic said the throwout bearing was junk. My dad just pulled the tranny and I think it is junk. Maybe someone like AlanD could confirm this for me. Here are the clues: 1) Fluid in the bell housing...
  16. sfwjesse

My "new" 93 ranger

93 Ranger XLT 4x4 118k miles, 5spd, 4.0L I picked this baby up for $600 bucks....the guy wanted $900 but given the amount of work it needed i just couldn't give him that. The goods: -body is solid, minimal bed rust -aftermarket bed liner -118k is low mileage for that year -heads and head...
  17. sfwjesse

Broken line coming out of air box

Its the plastic tube that comes out of the air box @ a right angle and goes over to the firewall and runs along the back. It is broken and im not sure where it used to go...or how important it is. There appears to be another line coming out near the middle of the engine with a homemade plug in...
  18. sfwjesse

Pilot bearing location

93 Ranger 4.0L 4x4. Just got the tranny bolted back on after replacing clutch and slave. I am a little concerned about the pilot location. When i pressed out the old bearing i didnt look at its location. I pressed the new one in flush with the face of the flywheel (clutch side), but was having...
  19. sfwjesse

high lift spring swap

I bought some high lift coil springs 1.5-2" lifting with camber bushings for my 88 B2 4x4. They have been in for a while, but now i am going to be getting rid of it because i picked up a 93 ranger 4x4 4.0L. My question is...can i swap springs. According to JC Whitney, my current lifting...
  20. sfwjesse

Drain plug magnet

Ok i pulled the drain plug from my "new" 93 ranger 4.0 5spd i just bought for 600 bucks, and noticed a nice "thistle" looking pattern of metal particles, in the shape of the magnetic field of the plug magnet. I wiped it off and basically it was just a sludge of metal dust. The truck has 118k...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad