• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. got no acceration

ok--my 1989 ranger 2.9 not accelerating . It starts fine runs fine at low speeds---but push done and it bogs and goes nowhere. It has no engine light or codes. Changed out ignition module on distributor,changed coil, new MAP senser. Map senser fixed it for a week or so but now its back to...
  2. fuel injecters for 89 bronco ll

I have a fuel injecter problem #5 not working -would like to replace all 6 but want to know which one to buy. On Rock auto they range from 35 to 50 apiece. --Can someone tell me what is the difference for the price. I don't want to have to tear it down again in a year. Only manufacturer...
  3. filter not filled to top

When I change my oil on my newly rebuilt 2.9 1989 bronco II --My oil filter is not filled completely--it will drain over the sides when losing it --but when I get down to the drain pan it seems not completely full. I noticed it on the first change but forgot about it. All of my dash gauges...
  4. rear seal for bronco II

Does anybody know if they make a 2 piece rear engine seal for a 1989 bronco II. I rebuilt my engine last year and it has developed a rear seal leak. Would prefer not to pull the tranny or engine. Dropping the pan on a 4 wheel is not easy either ????? Also my ampmeter and oil gauge are...
  5. seat belt stiffener jackets

Looked all over google and can't find the vinyl jacket that holds the female end of the seat belt up so it can be easily attached on my 1989 bronco II. I need 2 tan colored ones--mine are broke and collapsed beyond repair.
  6. climate control vacuum lines

Been checking thru here for days and can't find a good source for the TINY plastic or ? lines that feed the controls for the air conditioning and heating for a 1989 Bronco II. The parts stores have nothing that small in rubber to repair the breaks. Where do I find something I can use. P.S. I...
  7. loping idle

OK--went into tech library --printed out work sheet for TFI. everything looked good --BUT-- the spout reading from the harness--cranking is high at 10.6 volts --go to the coil and it does flicker. Did not go into the computer to pin 56 as I'm totally lost when I opened the kick panel. Is...
  8. Code 18

I'M REALLY--REALLY LOSING PATIENCE with my Bronco.. OUICK HISTORY---rebuilt engine-put a set of "supposedly good heads on---BAD coolant Leak--passed all the tests, compression, 150 lbs pressure thru spark hole, etc. Thought it was a manifold gasket leak-changed gasket 2nd time. Still bad...
  9. coolant in oil

Just rebuilt my bronco 2.9 and after tear down 2 times chasing a coolant leak --first time caught it reasonably soon before the oil became too mixed with coolant --this time was worse as it is pretty foamy. How or what should I do to flush this contaminated oil before it wipes the brand new cam...
  10. How to for installing lower intake manifold gasket

Finished rebuilding my 1989 bronco II but have a severe undetectable coolant leak. Thinking it's a lower intake gasket. So doing over--BUT -- need the" know how" on getting it sealed. P.S---did compression test--good very little water from tail pipe no visual leaks or...
  11. badly leaking vave covers gaskets

Just rebuilt 2.9 bronco engine and reused an used set of rubber valve cover gaskets . the heads are 1986 and the block is 1986 but the rest is 1989. Can I use the turned up style vavle cover (1989) on the older heads and get a good seal. In the technical section it states that the older heads...
  12. ICM purchase

Where's the best place to buy a reconditioned ICM for a 1986 4 cyl 5 sp ranger? I see a lot of suppliers out there on the net but want a good quality one. I've got a rough idle problem that lasts a minute or so then straightens out but happens every time you shut down and restart. I.ve...
  13. ICM purchase

Where can I purchase a EXCELLENT" quality ICM for 1986 4 cylinder 5 speed ranger. There's a hundred rebuilders on the net --who's the best??
  14. changing engines

Replacing a worn out 2.9 with air and auto trans with a rebuilt 2.9. I'm not a novice but would like some experienced advice. 1. Is there a special wrench available for the distributor bolt?? 2. When pulling the old engine had to remove both upper -lower manifold and distributor to...
  15. Auto tranny ID and install

Bought an engine (that's now rebuilt) ready to install this fall. Engine is 1986but I have used just the short block and heads to install on my 1989 bronco. With the engine came a Tranny in a basket with all new gaskets and new parts to rebuild it. Question is this since neither had a ID...
  16. making adapter from old distributor

I've got my rebuilt engine almost ready to push lube thru the pump. Need to know if I should just go buy a used distributor and tear it down or what else can I use to pressurize the oil thru the system before installation??? It's a 2.9 and has got a odd end on the shaft. the old engines you...
  17. connecting rod bolts

Rebuilding a short block for my 89 II and busted a connecting rod bolt --yea--and it's only supposed to be torgued to 24 pounds--just kept turning. Where do I get one or should I replace them all. Summit racing doesn't carry any for bronco II so where or what SHOULD I GET???? P.S. The...
  18. rear main seal

Rebuilding a 2.9 and bought a complete overhaul kit. Have been reading on every forum and googling everything I can. Came across a comment(don't remember which forum) that Felpro makes 2(two) different rear main seals. Is this true and which one should I look for?? Also is there a...
  19. just purchased 1989 bronco

Got my NEW bronco a couple of weeks ago runs great everything still works---but got a real loud lifter noise after running it for awhile.. not a problem----this is the problem ---found a supposedly 1988 motor ( mine is listed as a 1989 but was manufactured in 1988) and tranny on graigslist...
  20. pinstripeing tape

Does anyone know if the tape used on the two tone bronco's to separate the colors are still available and where---it's a 3 line tape --don't want 3 different single tapes.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad