• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. brokemechanic3000

off pavement cherry picker

Donor truck has no axles
  2. brokemechanic3000

No I don't
  3. brokemechanic3000

I am going to start swapping a 5.0L from a 2000 mountaineer into my 1999 Mazda B series with a 3.0L. But I have no blacktop or concrete to do this on and need a cherry picker that can go on gravel or dirt. Can anyone help me with this problem?
  4. brokemechanic3000

12 volt key on power source

What if I grab power right from the ignition switch wire
  5. brokemechanic3000

Will tapping into this cause radio interference?
  6. brokemechanic3000

Already have relays installed. I am looking for keyed 12 volt power inside the cab just for the switch panel.
  7. brokemechanic3000

I am sure this has been asked before but where is a good 12 volt key on power source to tap into for a switch panel on a 1999 Mazda B3000? It is for a light bar on the front that I want to turn off when key is turned off. Also can I make it so that I can have my fog lights and high beams on at...
  8. brokemechanic3000

Looking for a wheel

They don't have o.e. wheels
  9. brokemechanic3000

Looking for a wheel

I have 3 was looking for a 4th but there are none near me. One place did have one but it ended up being bent. The ones I found online are over 100 each and at that price I could buy new cheaper, but it wouldn't be matching.
  10. brokemechanic3000

Looking for a wheel

I am looking for a 15x7 5 spoke silver steel wheel to match 3 that I have and the places near me ask if it has black pockets or not. How do I tell what I have? picture is the style of wheel but not sure If it is with black pockets or not.
  11. brokemechanic3000

Injection

Just curious if I can take injectors from a 5.0l and out them in a 3.0l? If so would I gain anything? I'm just biding my time till the 3.0l dies and I will be swapping the entire powertrain/drivetrain from my donor Mountaineer into my B series.
  12. brokemechanic3000

front door glass

Thanks, I was hoping I could do it the way I wanted but I guess not.
  13. brokemechanic3000

front door glass

but is the Mountaineer / Explorer front door glass the same as Ranger / B series glass
  14. brokemechanic3000

front door glass

I was wondering if the door glass is the same for the front doors on a 2000 Mercury mountaineer and a Mazda B series. I was thinking of pulling the glass from the mountaineer, tinting it and then put it in my Mazda.
  15. brokemechanic3000

No Crank

Thanks guys, I'll check the cable (never had one go bad before). Also I'll check the belt, but I don't see any signs of the belt dragging. It'll have to wait until the weather cooperates by me.
  16. brokemechanic3000

No Crank

My 1999 Mountaineer 5.0L wont Crank. I have replaced the starter with a known good one, checked the relays, checked the ignition switch, and charged the battery. When i turn the key to start everything comes on but the solenoid only clicks. I changed the starter because I had a new one ready to...
  17. brokemechanic3000

Misfire

I looked into it today and #4 spark plug was bad, weird how it was brand new a month ago.
  18. brokemechanic3000

Fuel line disconnect

Thanks, I ended up not doing it anyway after some research
  19. brokemechanic3000

Highway 4wd low

My wife did the same to my truck years ago and it has been fine
  20. brokemechanic3000

Misfire

I just replaced the gas tank on my 1999 mercury mountaineer 5.0l. Now throws a misfire code for cylinder 4 and multiple misfires. The plugs, wires and filter are new, was going to check the coils this weekend. Any ideas on what else I should check?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad