• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. what is this thing!? air intake?

so my curiosity got the best of me today.:D under the hood of my 88 ranger coming out from underneath the battery tray is a tube. about 2 inch diameter and only about 5 inch long that just juts out into the engine bay near the radiator. its been there since i got the truck so i decided to find...
  2. tranny swap soon? what to do

i have an 88 2.3 with the mazda m50D-R1 5 speed in it and my slave cylinder is going out and probably my clutch soon after. the tranny shifts kinda rough and doesnt like third gear so i figured it would be a great time to upgrade:D looking for a bit "beefier" trans with taller gears and shorter...
  3. 88 2.3 timing issue

i have an 88 2.3 5 speed ext cab ranger and im having a timing issue. Problems: its seems to idle abit high around 950-1000 anything after about 1/4 throttle the engine just bogs out and looses all power i can only get up to about 55mph or 65 mph on a good day or down hill:D im sucking gas...
  4. 2.3 help!!!

First time posting on here and new to the forums. sorry this will be abit lengthy Bought a 1988 ford ranger 2.3 5 spd about a year ago (from a quite shady guy now that i think about it) with a promise that only the timing belt had snapped. one long list of parts and more money than i ever...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad