• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. need serious help

I still have starting and idle issues with my 92 ranger 4.0L. I put a new coil pack on it as well as new wires, plugs, fuel pump and filter, Air filter, MAF sensor, IAF sensor, crank sensor, and TPS. It doen't have the diagnostic hookup, it was cut off before I got the truck and way before I...
  2. MAP sensor?

I have a 92 ranger 4.0L and it is hard starting and runs very rough when it does start.I am fairly handy when it comes to engines however I am lost on the MAP sensor. I can not find one on this truck. Is there one and if so where do I find it? Thanks, Robert
  3. Please HELP!!

My 92 Ranger 4L 4X4 has a serious starting and idle problem.It is very hard to start and when it does start it runs very rough , smells like it is running rich and stalls. Once in a while the engine light goes out and it will idle right. When it is running rough if I give it gas it will either...
  4. How do I check MAF sensor

I have a 92 ranger 4.0L It has been acting up lately and now it is very hard to start and when it does start it runs very rough and stalls. If I press the fuel peddle it usually stalls. It has new crank sensor, coil pack, plugs, wires, TPS, and I tried three used MAF sensors. It makes no diff...
  5. hard start, rough idle

I have a 92 ranger 4.0L .It started acting like the coil pack was breaking down. I replaced the coil pack, no difference. I then changed plugs,wires,crank sensor,and throttle position sensor( had a crack). Changed fuel pump and filter, still the same.It is hard to start( especialy when cold)...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad