• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1991 Dead in the water :(

I have a 91 ranger 2.3 with a 5spd, great shape but that's beside the point. So I recently decided to try selling this truck, and being a responsible owner I decided to finally scan my intermittant check engine light. Like an idiot I did this (out of necessity) on the side of the road, it...
  2. MASSIVE coolant leak, help!

Ok so i just got done doing an engine swap on my 91 ranger 2.3 and she runs beautifully, however it pissed out almost all my coolant in the minute that i let it run, i believe i've found the leak, its a canister next to my oil filter, i have no idea what to call it or how to fix it, but i have a...
  3. 99 ranger anti-theft

ok so the battery in my dad's '99 Ranger 4wd died yesterday, no biggie, just hooked up some jumper cables and she started right up, but then today (after starting flawlessly several times) it all of a sudden decided it would just not start- it cranks over really well, but the anti-theft light is...
  4. Nicotine dripping from my interior!

Ok, so I bought a 91 Ranger with a thrown rod to fix and re-sell, the truck is absolutely gorgeous, however the previous owner was a very heavy smoker, I wouldn't care that much if i was keeping it (the smell doesn't bother me) but as you might imagine it's not a huge selling point, now i've...
  5. Mysterious Topper Question

*not sure if this is where i should post this or not* Hey I was given a topper by a friend but it doesn't fit my Ranger so I decided to sell it, I have no idea what it's off of and neither does my buddy who gave it to me, the dimensions are 62" wide by 74" long, it's fiberglass and is the flush...
  6. Fuel Lines/intake/head gaskets

Doing head gaskets on my 94 Ranger 3.0 and I have to remove the intake to get them off, in order to remove the intake i have to disconnect the fuel lines, now I know it takes a special disconnect tool (which i have) and I've used them before to do a fuel tank, however on these lines it doesn't...
  7. 87 ranger idles but dies in ddrive

Hey, good friend of mine has a 1987 ranger 2wd 4cyl that idles just fine but as soon as she puts it in gear it jolts to a stop and dies, i think its a tranny problem an i know very little about those, help! Thanks
  8. Flashing codes OBD-1

Hey, heard you can flash OBD-1 codes using a paper clip? I've already got a code reader on the way but it won't be here til after the weekend and I had been hoping to be able to flash the codes before then, I don't really know- I've been spoiled with a code reader at the tech school I attend so...
  9. What is this? 1991 Ranger

Ok so I'm working on rebuilding my "new" 91 Ranger 4cyl, it was a California truck and I'm finding a few wierd things on there, lots of empty hose attachements, etc- I just got the truck and I know I didn't remove any of it, when I got it it ran, but had an awful engine noise, hence why I'm...
  10. Stupid Injectors

Ok, so I'm doing 6 new injectors on my dad's 99 Ranger 4.0, I have everything all set and ready to go, I'm following the instructions on All-Data for replacing the injectors, which says to place them in the fuel rail and then put them in the manifold, I followed a tip online and put just a dab...
  11. Putting 2wd at stock 4wd height

Dunno if this is better in the pre-runner or not but figured it'd be ok in a 2wd lift forum- I have a 1996 Ranger xlt extended cab 2wd that I'd like to bring up to stock 4wd height, i'd like to get a little more ground clearance out of it but i don't really wanna put the money in for a...
  12. Electric shift to lever shift swap

Hey, i have a 1994 ford ranger 5spd that has the worst electric shift system ever, i seriously hate it, i've owned the truck for over a year and in all that time it hasn't worked once, now i've done everything short of putting a new wiring harness in and i decided it's time to approach it from a...
  13. Bronco tire carrier on a Ranger

I'm sure somebody's done something like this, i'd like to put a spare tire carrier across my tailgate like a bronco, wrangler, blazer, etc would have, i just like how they look plus then i'm not out another taillight next time my buddy rear-ends me; anyways, i'd need it to be able to swing out...
  14. 94 3.0 with a magic starter

So I have a 94 3.0 Ranger 5spd that is normally a royal pain to start in the cold but yesterday i went to start it (after not running it in 4 days) and the battery was dead, no biggie i put it on a charger for the day and took my other ranger. When i got home things got interesting, i started...
  15. OBD1 Location

Hey where's my OBD1 plug-in on my 1994 ford ranger 3.0? I went to plug my scanner in and it's not under the driver's side dash like i thought- am i just somehow missing it?
  16. Newer cab on an older frame?

Ok, the more that I think about this the more I think it's not possible but I'm way to curious to let it go: is it possible to stick a newer cab (like, a cab from a 2001-ish ranger) onto an older ranger, such as a 1994? I'm only curious because although I love my truck and have no problems with...
  17. 94 Ranger 3.0 Idle/IAC Problem

I have a 94 Ranger with the 3.0 V6, when I start it cold the idle will rise and fall like mad, I tried taking the IAC off and cleaning it, the next day when i started it the truck seemed to idle ok, then it dropped to where it almost died, but then it sat there and idled for awhile just really...
  18. ATV Problem

Ok, so I hope it's ok to post this here, I'm having a problem with my 1984 Honda Fourtrax 350, it's very cold-blooded. Lately it's been getting cooler here (today was a high of 15) now usually I don't have to use the wheeler much in winter but we recently mounted a plow on it to create a rink...
  19. 3d drawing/rendering programs

Hey i'm looking for a good computer-aided drawing progfam for designing custom interior/exterior schemes, i'm not very tech savvy or particularly rich so cheap and simple would be nice, i use 32bit windows 7 and a galaxy2 , i'm basically just sick of importing pictures to microsoft paint, as you...
  20. 4x4 Electrical Diagrams and Cruise Control

Hey got two things I'm having some problems with on my '94 Ranger, first off my 4x4 isn't working right, it hasn't since last year some time and I'm sick of it, I replaced the transfer case motor with a new one when it burned out but now it's not working again, the lights on my dash started...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad