• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1998 up front winch bumper.

I built this bumper for the newer rangers and figured a few of you might want to see it. This bumper bolts to the factory bumper mounts. I start with a tape measure paper pencil and bunch of head scratching. Then I transfer it all to the computer into a cad program and eventually cut it my...
  2. 7 day wheeling and camping trip thru the Sierra National Forest.

All my pictures can be found here. https://flic.kr/s/aHsm4cYywH Our trip started Sunday morning. We met up along Dinkey Creek Road and headed to Swamp Lake. As soon as we turned off the pavement we all aired down. IMG_0890 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr In the group was my self in my...
  3. Has any one ran lifted 63" Chevy springs?

Has anyone tried using lifted Chevy Springs springs on there ranger? If so what brand and how did they work. A stock set won't give me enough lift. I am currently running the factory block, 6" ranger skyjacker springs and a longer shackle. The lift height is fine but the flex leaves a bit to...
  4. Heavy duty rear shackle hanger.

Awhile back I built some new shackles for the rear suspension. I built them to match the length of the Belltecks that I have been running. All was good till I went to install them and the 2" OD bushing I used would not clear the factory hangers. I put it on the back burner and finally built...
  5. Snow Wheeling in California

Went Snow wheeling yesterday. Truck worked pretty well. I was a little worried running 4psi with no beadlocks but they held. 20151228_101625 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr 20151228_112604_004 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr 20151228_112641 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr...
  6. Non factory seats in a ranger picture thread

Maybe this can be made a sticky thread. Most of the questions n this section seems to be about seats. If you have put other then factory seats in your ranger post a picture of the seats and information about the swap so others can find it. Please answer the following questions when you post...
  7. center console with switches, cubholers, and locking compartment

I have been running bucket seats for a while and built a center console out of wood to mock up my ideas to see how I liked the layout. 20151129_112138 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr After using it I liked the layout. A few changes were I dropped the lid an inch, made it slightly wider...
  8. Underhood oil storage.

I have had way to many extra oil quarts get holes in them in my tool box and create a mess. I have looked at the Artec mounts. They are nice but none fit my needs and where I wanted it to go. Having a cnc plasma cutter in my garage made it easy to build my own. On my 93 ranger behind the...
  9. Bellhousing bolt pattern

Does anyone have the 4.0 bellhousing pattern as either a cad drawing or as a dimensional drawing? Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  10. Storage box on dash of second gen Ranger and first gen Explorer

In my quest for more storage spots in the truck I turned to the dash. The 89-94 ranger and 91-94 explorers have a nice flat spot on the dash that is fine to hold pens on the highway but nothing stays there when off road. I decided to build a box to fit in this area. Little time with cardboard...
  11. Adding LED pod lights to cowl area

While searching on Amazon I found some $19 LED pod lights so I decided to give them a try. I needed mounts so I decided to try the bottom of the windshield/ Cowl area. I drew up a bracket and cut them out. 20150929_111335 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr Not having a decent way to bend...
  12. Mic mount inside 91-94 explorer or 89-94 ranger

Having a CB for years I have never had a good place to mount the mic. I always laid it on the seat or center consul. Now that I have my HAM license and plan on adding a second radio to the truck I needed to add a way to store the mics. Looking around the truck I decided just below the radio...
  13. Giving the floorjack a little extra lift.

Got sick of both of my floor jacks being to short for taking my skid plate off. So I built an extension for my bigger floor jack. It bolts through the center hole with a location circle on both sides so it won't fall off. The 4 holes in the corners are so I can build a second one and bolt...
  14. Bottle jack top adapter

In addition to my hilift jack I also carry a bottle jack when four wheeling. Depending on the situation, I select the best jack to use. Using a bottle jack has a few drawbacks though. The small flat top likes to slip off the round tube of axles and often times with bigger tires you can run out...
  15. Hilift jack to slider adapter.

One thing most wheelers carry is a hilift jack. It seems like every time it is used the jack has a tendency to slide on the sliders and seems very unstable. I built the bracket below to help grab onto my sliders and hopefully make it more stable. Here is the bracket. 20150901_134556 by...
  16. Thinking of building a press brake. Looking for opinions.

To go with my plasma table I am looking for a decent way to bend metal. I built a small sheet metal brake awhile ago and for thin guage stuff it works fine. I am looking for thicker materials and wider widths. Let me preference this by saying I know you will always want bigger. I started by...
  17. Flashlight mounted to seat mountng bolts.

I was tired of never being able to find my flash light in my truck. So I drew this bracket in CAD and cut it on my plasma table. A few bends and small welds to give it strength and it was ready. I removed the front two bolts that hold the drivers seat and then inserted the bracket and the...
  18. Adding a York compressor to the 4.0 OHV

A york compressor is a great compressor for using as on board air in vehicles. We have been running one for years on my Wife's Jeep So I decided to add one to my ranger. My ranger did not come with AC but if yours has AC then this conversion will cause you to loose the AC. Parts needed York...
  19. Upgraded transmission mount.

When I installed a douber in my truck I could no longer keep the factory transmission mount alive. I built one like this 5 plus years ago and it has held up great. Now that I have better tools I am making it better looking. It has the exact same dimensions as the factory mount so it is a bolt...
  20. Skidplate,lower link mounts, trans mount all in one.

This is buried in my build thread but figured others might get some use out of. I am running a 3 link front suspension with a doubler setup. When you add the doubler it causes the stock trans cross member to no longer work. I had a hodgepodge of link mounts, trans mount, and skid plate that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad