• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. n_bannerman

Major bump steer with leaf spring sas, help

Not sure if this should be in here or steering but I am having major bump steer with a leaf spring sas. Running a rear shackle setup with rancho 44044 spring set up spring under for a few months and have been fighting to get rid of the bump steer. Also when I corner hard it feels as if the whole...
  2. n_bannerman

Trouble removing radius arms from d35

Having trouble getting radius arms off of a d35 I just picked up. I've used 5 foot breaker bar with hitting the bolt with a sledge hoping that would work and also hit it time and time again with a battery powered impact. The bolts have been soaking in lots of pb blast for the last 2 days and...
  3. n_bannerman

anyone run a welded 7.5 for dd use?

I got my hands on a free carrier and have been thinking about welding it up. does anyone run a welded 7.5 for dd use and how do the rear shafts take the abuse? sick of doing one wheel spins front and rear when ever im in the mountains so its time to do something for the rear and this would be...
  4. n_bannerman

Help! Removing rear blocks and have an issue!!!

Half way point of removing the block on the rear of my truck and my u-bolts are not threaded down far enough, can I drill a larger hole in the block and run it ontop the spring pack till I can get new u-bolts? Thanks!!!! Nathan
  5. n_bannerman

Egr delete?

What would I need to do to delete the egr and keep my 2.3 running right? I have had 2 go out on me in 2 years.
  6. n_bannerman

Kingpin d60

What would should I look under to find one?
  7. n_bannerman

Irok or rockers for snow?

Looking at both the 35x14.5 15 rockers and 36x13.5 15 iroks on 10" DIY bead locks, what would be a better snow tire? I know I can fit 35's but know I would have to do some more to fit the 36's.
  8. n_bannerman

2.3 fuel pump not working

Have an 86 2.3 that lost power to the fuel pump or the pump died. Trying to find the fuse for the pump but can't find it, where would it be hiding? Also I replaced both pumps and filters this summer.
  9. n_bannerman

Clutch leeks when temps is below 32 degrees.

So been fighting a issue with my clutch when it gets cold out side. Will work perfect at 35f but below 32 I loose pressure and can't find the leak anywhere. Any ideas what to check other then keep adding fluid?
  10. n_bannerman

Leaf slung d30, what model and year of jeep should I look at?

I know everyone says d30 are crap but all I will be doing is snow wheeling and dding it. What year jeep and model should I be looking at?
  11. n_bannerman

Recommendations for a reasonably priced impact socket set, 3/8 and 1/2"?

What does everyone use and recommend for a good impact socket set? I got a craftsmen 19.2 volt impact gun for Christmas and need the sockets now.
  12. n_bannerman

looking for a decent sounding system for cheap

I a tired of listening to the shit speakers my girlfriend blew out before i bought the truck from her dad and am interested in something basic but sounds good. dont need it loud just tired out crap speakers and no sub. I do have a pioneer head unit. what would you recomend me looking at and what...
  13. n_bannerman

86 Ranger build finaly

So i got my 86 back in may2010 and have slowely been doing things to it. Started on 225/70R15 when i got it from my girlfriends dad then i swaped to some 235/75R15 on white steels that he had as spares then got some 31s, then 32s and now on 35s. hopefully soon it will be on a d44 and 9" if i can...
  14. n_bannerman

86 2.3 runs fine then will randomly start miss firing and run lean

So it started out last summer after i broke a timing belt. Once i got it running again and got the timing right it was running fine for a week then started to randomly miss fire and run really lean for no reason. not throwing any codes other then yet another o2 sensor. its been frustrating. have...
  15. n_bannerman

EB coils

Im looking at running EB coils on my truck for more flex but dont want to lift it. does anyone know what EB coils would be about the right height for a stock ranger?
  16. n_bannerman

Anyone else make 35s fit with out lift? can it be done?

I just picked up a pair of 35x13.5 baja claws and was wandering if anyone on here has been able to stuff 35s with out lift? im not scared to get the sawzall out just wandering how the clearance is at the firewall. my pickup is an 86 supercab with a slight trim to run 32s and now going for 35s.
  17. n_bannerman

Air shocks

has anyone tried running a air shock setup on the front of there ranger with the ttb? beent thinking about how well it would work.
  18. n_bannerman

Is anyone running Pitbull Rockers?

Have been looking at getting some 33x13.5x15 bias rockers and wanted to know if anyone on here is running them and what they think of them. Thanks!
  19. n_bannerman

1st gen sunroof leak

does anyone know where I can find parts for the sunroof latch and also the weatherstripping to keep water from leaking threw my sunroof in a 86 ranger? i have searched high and low and can not find anything for 1st gen ranger sunroof parts.
  20. n_bannerman

best way to replace oil pan gasket?

im trying to find the easyest way to replace my oil pan gasket and rear main seal, im not sure if i can do it with the motor in the truck or if i should pull the motor. any help would be great! and does anyone know of a place that does a rebuild kit for a 86 2.3l for a ranger?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad