• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. SenorNoob

Downshifting from Overdrive over 55 mph

RPM would be my guess. You can always calculate your actual RPM at a given speed. Here is a really good tool for that. Gotta keep in mind that 55 was the national speed limit at the time. There was really nowhere to go any faster so the trucks were designed for that. Edit: Ninja'd
  2. SenorNoob

88 ranger Delete the second inline fuel pump

I've noticed that newer tanks have a space made around the pickup to hold fuel on hills etc. How does that work out with an in-tank high pressure pump and a smooth bottom tank?
  3. SenorNoob

LS swap! finally

Congratulations! That first start after a swap is always a special moment. :cry:
  4. SenorNoob

97 XLT 4.0 5 SPEED RADIO

Depending on how cheap you wanna go... Factory radios were not bad. It's the stock speakers that sucked. Mostly cause you're talking about a 30 year old paper cone.
  5. SenorNoob

I second what gaz said. Unless you are prepared for some heavy wiring work, and absolutely in love with the 1st gen dash and grill. A 90-92 will have better hard parts and be a couple years newer. 1st gens will generally have a 2.9, FM146 (Except some very late 88. Usually 2.3 trucks only.)...
  6. SenorNoob

'85 Ranger Restomod

It looks ridiculous without the winch. You should keep it that way. LOL
  7. SenorNoob

Front Bearing Adjustment 4X4

In theory, you'd want that dry to keep from spinning the race on the spindle. That's what usually damages the spindle. That said I always have grease everywhere except the rotor surface.
  8. SenorNoob

2 questions, wiring experts post up

To use the stock switch(es), couldn't you just power the relays from one of the original headlight sockets?
  9. SenorNoob

Erratic high idle help, please!

I can't see the sudden appearance after cleaning being a coincidence... Seems something there caused a change.
  10. SenorNoob

Mazda M5OD-R1 transmission drain/fill plug gaskets

Plastic depends on what kind really. However anything sold for an oil pan seal should be fine.
  11. SenorNoob

New wireless hole punch tool

If you like the 1911 and want .22, check out a GSG 1911. Almost identical to a standard 1911. (They make an upper assembly and magazine that fits a standard 1911.) I've got one and love it. I got mine used and spent a weekend cleaning and polishing internally to get it to consistently fire cheap...
  12. SenorNoob

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Cleaned it out for the first time in a year or two. Lubed all the seat rails and door hinges. And cut new floor mats. BTW, These are worth every penny. They fit a 1st gen like they were made just for it and are durable This'll just be my second set since I've owned the truck. The passenger side...
  13. SenorNoob

2.3L ('83-'97) 1996 2.3 5 speed flange yoke

I'd say that pretty much covers it...
  14. SenorNoob

The Road Ranger. 1997 SEMI

That sounds like my experience with the cab corner. See this: 1st/2nd gen Roof leak/rust prevention PSA Edit: Just realized I was looking at thread for the 97. I don't think that still applies.
  15. SenorNoob

'88 Bronco II 4.0 swap from 94 Ranger

Nice looking work there.
  16. SenorNoob

95 Ford Ranger XLT Manual

Sounds like you'll fit right in here. BTW, we LOVE pictures.
  17. SenorNoob

Land anchor

Looks suspiciously like a plow... LOL
  18. SenorNoob

Questions about carrier bearing

Probably silly, but... Since the 2019 Ranger is based on the T6 platform, which was based on 2011 Ranger, how similar are they underneath?
  19. SenorNoob

stuck intake manifold

gaz is right. But (rubber) hammer it, if you're sure there is nothing else holding it on.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad