• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. BuckskinRanger

Truck makes a clunk! Need help!

Hey everyone, ok so from the top, my truck started making a big loud clunk when I turned right, then it does it when I turn left. It feels like it's my rear end or my drive train. Now it does it all the time, turning, slow strait after a turn, fast after a turn. It's not a constant clunk just...
  2. BuckskinRanger

8.8 swap

Ok I currently have a 7.5 rear end with a lock rite in my 3.0 5 speed. I found a ranger 8.8 on kijiji and I am going to buy it or go to the junkyard when I'm home to see if I can get an explorer with l/s. my questions are if I buy a 4.10 open 8.8 ( the one on kijiji) ill get a locker installed...
  3. BuckskinRanger

Shackle removal

I'm having one hell of a time trying to remove my bolts holding on my stock shackles:bawling:. BFH won't do it, air ratchet won't, starting to wreck sockets with the strong arm. Problem is I can't get the bolts through the inner sleeve. I have the differential jacked up to hold the weight. I'm...
  4. BuckskinRanger

F150 suspension for ranger

Hey TRS, I remember seeing that leaf spring chart and seeing that my old f150 1990 leafs spring would be I direct swap with mine, I'm gonna go measure tomorrow to make sure. But I was wondering if the front coils from it would be the right length for a couple inch lift since I don't feel...
  5. BuckskinRanger

F250 donor truck questions

Looks like ill be looking for a half ton strait axle and ill stripp my f150. I still haven't looked at it yet but ill let you guys know.
  6. BuckskinRanger

I'm 100% sure it's a strait axle, it's the same as my one ton. I'll double check tomorrow. I don't really have a use for it because I already have a 1 ton for towing and this thing would need some work. My rig is in pretty good shape. But I've been itching to for the last year to build a truck...
  7. BuckskinRanger

Hey ranger station, I'm starting to collect parts for a SAS and my girlfriends grandpa said I can take the axles off his 86 F250 diesel that's 4x4 :yahoo: . It quit running right and he gave up on trying to fix it so I was wondering what I should strip off of the ol' gal if I do decide to take...
  8. BuckskinRanger

8.8 Ford swap

I'm making a half track out of a ranger so I'm going to extend the rear wheel well back to the tail light and put another axle under there and put tracks on the back 4 tires..
  9. BuckskinRanger

8.8 Ford swap

I found another forum of a guys build with full width axles on it and that is what I need so I don't have to cut up my box to get a 14" wide track under there. I'm going to make a sub frame attached to another axle that can adjust so I can tighten the track. And put a locker in the main drive...
  10. BuckskinRanger

8.8 Ford swap

Oh ok thanks guys. And no I didn't know that, my palan for this truck was to make a half track idea out of a 4x2 ranger. I never bothered looking into the explorers only cause this truck is just sitting there waiting to be delta with. That's good input on the Ox locker, only because I haven't...
  11. BuckskinRanger

8.8 Ford swap

Hey I got an 8.8 ford rear end in my f150 that I don't use at all anymore and I was wondering what goes on if I swapped that into another ranger build, main questions are the drive shaft hook up,new flanges or a new shaft all together, etc. Secondly how do make it that the rangers rims bolt...
  12. BuckskinRanger

Clutch prices

Hey guys and girls my clutch is going in my ranger... I know it happens but I was wondering what the average part price would be and if there would be any better upgrades. It's basically my daily everything truck from off road to towing to drive to work. I do all my own work so the labour...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad