• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. wheel adornmaents

What is the official name of the pressed-on stainless-steel designs that occupy the center of a Ranger rim...2002, and does one need special equipment to remove them...? (I tried a search for "glamour rings"....86.) Thanx for any info.
  2. Trim rings

Was told by a backyard mechanic that they wouldn't come off. Lucky to have such a good website, and knowledgeable folks to help. Thank you very much, superj.
  3. Trim rings

I have the standard Ranger trim rings on a 2002 XLT extra cab. One of my rims rusted through, doesn't hold air. Is there magic, or a secret to getting the trim rings off old rim...put on new rim...? Thanx for any info.
  4. OIL FILTER REDUX

Heh...heh. Now I don't feel so bad to hear the anguish from all you folks who replied. I had an idea of drawing on the manifold with a crayon, the exact center line of the old filter still in place. At least that would help the alignment. Will try the "backspin" method. Thanx to all for the tips.
  5. OIL FILTER REDUX

Is there a secret to lining up a new oil filter with the screw post and screwing it on..? Engine is 3.0 L, where the filter plate is tucked under the exhaust manifold. When it's time for an oil change, I start to panic...last time took about a half hour to get the filter aligned for screw on. I...
  6. Oil Filters

Lots of good info here....I thank all for the replies.
  7. Oil Filters

OK
  8. Oil Filters

Thank you-all for the info. The store in question has their own brand. They're not bad...no crossover chart to check which of theirs subs for all the popular brands. Need an alternate vehicle that uses Ranger filters.....if available.
  9. Oil Filters

Is there a Ford (or any) vehicle whose oil filter is interchangeable with a 2002, 3.0L, Ranger...? Store had no filter book only the digital video game look-up box. Showed all trucks, all years, no Rangers. Will anything else fit...? It's a convenient store as I live in the boonies. Thanx
  10. Too many cranks to start

Thanx all for the info....appreciated.
  11. Too many cranks to start

Thanx for the info...will keep it in mind if/when necessary.
  12. Too many cranks to start

Nice to have a forum like this and tap the brains of a lot of smart folks. Thanx very much all, for the suggestions. (PS, Battery is close to 13 V across the terminals when off....cranking starter draw is also in range when starting.)
  13. Too many cranks to start

Until this week (hot), my 2002 XLT, 3.0, automatic, positraction would fire up immediately. Now it cranks longer before starting. Where's the first place to look? (The alternator is charging about 0.2 volts under specs.) Any suggestions appreciated.
  14. Wanted Center Cap

Looking for a center cap for a 2002 XLT, or where I may find one. It is the one that has the simulated bolts around center piece. Thanx... Charlie
  15. Heater hose woes

2002, XLT, 3.0L. QUES : Do I need the small diameter hose, which comes off the side of the black plastic "T", that is on the larger hose that goes from housing to heater core...? I assume it's a bypass...? I only drive the truck in summer. Thanx for any info.
  16. Survey

Would like to know what is the record in days, weeks, months......for driving with a "humming" front wheel bearing...? Just curious.
  17. Hub...bearings or both....?

RE: tire noise of a previous thread. Is there a way to determine...by sound only...if wheels noises are bearings or hub, or both...? Have only one vehicle, so have to purchase parts before doing the repair. (Maybe I should buy it all, and return what I don't use).....but I'm sure there is a way...
  18. tire noise...?

Have what sounds like tire noise....but doesn't change on different pavements. Engine speed has no effect....only truck speed. My first thought was a wheel bearing, but it isn't the type of sound I've always associated with wheel bearings....isn't constant....is slightly oscillating, and not...
  19. Rear door latches.

Are right and left rear door latches interchangeable....? 2002,Extra cab Ranger. Thanx.
  20. Speedo / odo

Are the speedo and odometer on a 2002 Ranger calibrated together......so that a speedo that is reading higher than the actual speed is putting more miles on the vehicle....?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad