• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Hard decision

NOT…so long to this graveyard. The other forum recommended by a poster on my now deleted thread about forum nazis/admins is WAY more informative than this dead dive. And to the shunt who banned me…THANKS, and STICK IT!!!:yahoo::icon_rofl::D:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:
  2. Differential question

Will an 8.8" rear end out of a 2000 Ranger bolt under my 93 XLT? Spring perches and shock hangers in the same place as my 93?
  3. Rear axle swap

Will an 8.8 rear end/axle/differential, locker, from a 94 Explorer bolt right up to my 93 Ranger XLT, which has the 7.5 rear end? Mostly concerned about hangers, shock brackets, etc...don't want to have to modify the beast if it's not a direct swap. Is the driveshaft connection the same...bolts...
  4. Bummer...

Took the 93 Ranger XLT with 3.0 down the road today so the wife could look at new love seats at a furniture consignment shop about 90 miles away. Didn't score one, so we headed another 30 miles west to another consignment shop to have a look there and on the way the truck started throwing tranny...
  5. Coolant indigestion

My 93 Ranger XLT with 3.0 seems to suffer from coolant indigestion in the hottest part of the summer. Was checking under the hood yesterday before I left work and noticed that I couldn't see coolant down in the radiator neck. So when I got home I checked the overflow tank...none there and the...
  6. Headliner success

Well, today after work I managed to finish recovering the old headliner board from my 93 Ranger XLT clubcab with foam-backed camo fabric. Came out nice, and reinstalling all the associated innards wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. Still raining here, but sunshine tomorrow...I'll snap some...
  7. seat tracks

I used to know this but forgot and can't find the link/page that confirms what I'm thinking I remember, so the question is: Will 60/40 seats from a 95 Ranger bolt up to the bucket seat tracks I have right now in my 94? My passenger Mustang bucket is shot, so I've found a pair of 60/40 seats out...
  8. Sporadic miss fixhttp://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/ford/3.0L-3.8L/index-of-articles-1

Okay, I've posting about the occasional sporadic miss on my 93 XLT with 3.0 engine. Long story short, random hard miss that would come and go regardless of weather, seemed linked to heat as it would pop up most after the truck has been down the road for a couple of hours...but not always...
  9. distributor ignition module

Where is this on my 93 Ranger? It's the V-6 with traditional distributor and rotor, and no EGR.
  10. Condensor?

WTF? Was looking under the hood of Little Green, my 93 XLT with 3.slow V6, and noticed what looks like a condensor hanging off the left hand side of the coil. This is the 93 model with no EGR, distributor and only one coil. Do my eyes deceive?
  11. Sporadic hard miss

Little green, my 93 Ranger XLT with 3.0, has developed a hard miss that comes and goes. It shows up most after the truck has been run an hour or two, not hard but put down the road at speed, especially when the AC is on. Shows up most noticeably at stoplights, when you can feel it occasionally...
  12. Load it forward or reverse?

Tomorrow...Good Lord willing and if the creek don't rise...we'll be loading a 26-foot Penske with all the fam stuff, and hitching a tow trailer behind to carry my 93 Ranger XLT Supercab from NE Mississippi to NE Texas, via I-20 mostly. So, after looking at how they work online my question is...
  13. A mystery

This morning bright and early, like 5:30 or so, the lab and I jumped into the 93 ranger to run to the local stop-n-rob and get a pack of smokes whilst the morning coffee was brewing. About half a block from the house, smoke starts pouring out of the center top vent on the dash. It lasted for...
  14. Odometer correction

Okay, my 93 Ranger XLT came stock with 3.0L V-6, stretch cab, auto tranny and 7.5" 3.45 gear ratio rear end. I had to drop in a 3.73 rear end and I know the speedo typically reads 3 to 5 mph fast so I correct for that easily. Question is...is my trip odometer showing more or fewer miles than...
  15. Need air intake hose...or make one???

The air intake hose, the big sucka, that runs from the air box to my intake manifold on my 93 Ranger XLT with 3.0 V6 is shot in the accordion folds of the tube right behind the intake manifold clamp...worn completely through underneath. Found this today while checking vac lines for a leak. Fixed...
  16. Cured the loping idle...man am I blind!

Decided to check all vacuum lines today on my 93 Ranger XLT with 3.0 V-6. All the lines are good and flexible, can't hear any sucking noise...but the truck lopes at idle...up and down, up and down...kinda goes away after it warms up but not really. So, after checking the vac lines I decided to...
  17. Windstar seats

Windstar seats***photos added Finally got around to fabbing in a driver's seat from a 1999 Windstar van, from a pair that I picked up in the boneyard recently. I had Mustang GT buckets, but the driver's was kinda beat down and sat really low for me...also lacked lumbar support or an arm rest...
  18. Loping up and down at idle when cold

My 93 XLT with 3.0 liter has been doing this for awhile now...kinda aggravating after the weather changes cause when it strangles and drops really low it runs rough enough to sometimes stall...but only in Park. In Drive it will not do this. So today, after I finished messing around with my...
  19. how many idiot lights

I had to dodge water from the sky getting to the truck this morning and a drop or two entered my left ear and soaked the memory chips on that side of my head, so I need a little help on a brain-fart day. How many idiot lights are there on my 93 Ranger XLT with 3.0? The check engine light came on...
  20. Gear ratio/odometer question

I'm suffering from old fart tired brain syndrome today and need help from younger sharper minds. I replaced the 3.45 differential in my 93 XLT 2WD super cab with a 3.73 rear end a few months ago cause the old diff was eat up. I'm running stock wheels/tires, 215X70X14 (I think), and the speedo...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad