• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rockin86ranger

Crossmember help

I’m laid up but want to get my ranger going when I get better. The problem is I lowered it too much and the driveshaft hits the crossmember at the back of the cab. The truck is an 86 regular cab short bed, it’s static for now but bags in the future. My question is as far as notching it what...
  2. rockin86ranger

flip kit help

Finally got their instructions to load and see they say i need to drill a new hole in the plate which makes since but none of the install how tos mentioned that from what i remember. Not a big deal thats what i was debating doing anyways
  3. rockin86ranger

flip kit help

I expected that but in doing so the bottom plate no longer lines up properly with where the locating pin is.
  4. rockin86ranger

flip kit help

Also should say i put a 2inch block in with it but that shouldnt move the anything backwards (with the flip kit installed with the hole in the kit towards the fron the plate on the bottom would have to shift forward i would guess avout an inch to line up with the pin). Im sure i will look at...
  5. rockin86ranger

flip kit help

Its the djm kit, i couldnt get very good pictures with the lighting outside
  6. rockin86ranger

flip kit help

I installed my flip kit on one side today (been sick all week but had to do something even if i shouldnt and it was slow going). I got the driver side put together but have a couple of questions, first and least worrysome is that there is a gap between the bottom of the axle and the flip kit...
  7. rockin86ranger

back window 1986 extended vs regular cab

I was looking around and notiiced that for a rear window it show that an extended cab rear window will work from 86-11. Why wont an extended cab rear window work in a regular cab, i assume the extended cab just has the holes for the stud but not sure. Any help would be great. Also a friend of...
  8. rockin86ranger

Minitruck picure help

I need help finding a picture I saw a awhile back. It was a car show display that was just the top parts (maybe 3inches) of the fenders, cab, and bed rails (maybe with bed cover, but not sure) set on the ground with wheels. I dont remember if it was a toyota, nissan, mazda, ranger,.... it has...
  9. rockin86ranger

Good car to tow with

I am looking at getting a new vehicle since i would like to have something reliable to replace my 234,xxxmile taurus that has trans problems, and don't want to drive the Ranger all the time since it is a project and my crew cab uses about 2 quarts of oil every 60miles (damn chevys lol). I dont...
  10. rockin86ranger

SC 2.3l

I recently rebuilt the 2.3l in my 86 ranger (it is hodge podge motor with mustang and ranger parts mixed together). Due to a streak of good luck I came across supercharger off of a Scion TC for free (the bearings at the end of the shaft are bad, which is ok becuase it needs to be shortened...
  11. rockin86ranger

95 Taurus Steering Column Help

The clockspring in my 95 Taurus went bad so instead of getting a new one for $250+ I went to the junkyard and got a used column for $40 (lucked out and they had one with the same horrible green interior I have so I got all trim parts too). The issue is that the ignition had been broken and when...
  12. rockin86ranger

Roadtrip Help

I am going to be moving to Louisiana soon and since I don't know when I will get to make this trip again I want to make it worth while. I am going to leave Corning, AR and go to Springfield, MO for a couple of days, I might stop at the car museum in Hardy, AR if it is open. I am going to spend...
  13. rockin86ranger

Moving to Texas

I am probably moving to Louisiana in the next month or so, I have moved several times but this will be the first time I do it as an adult and with vehicles. I need some advice on getting everything set up and swapped over, like process for the DMV, hidden costs, etc. Any insight would be...
  14. rockin86ranger

Holly Carb 2 barrel mounting variations

I ordered a 2barrel carb spacer for a 4bolt Holley. When I recieved it 3 of the mounting holes lined up and one was off by a bit. I emailed the company letting them know about the problem and they called me and told me I probably just ordered the wrong one. Now correctly if I am wrong but on a...
  15. rockin86ranger

Coil spring interchange

I basically need to know if 89-97 Springs will work in an 86. I want to have an extra set in case it sits to low so I can put it back to stock ride height.
  16. rockin86ranger

Coil spring interchange

I have an 86 ranger 2wd, I am wanting to lower it. I am going to heat the springs/ cut them (I know not advised) then ride it around for awhile to make sure the new height will work with where i live. I am wondering what years I can get the springs out of. Is it 83-88 only or 83-92 or 83-97. The...
  17. rockin86ranger

Tach Opinions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-IN-1-11K-RPM-TACH-TACHOMETER-OIL-WATER-PRESSURE-TEMPERATURE-GAUGE-SHIFT-LIGHT-/170897002946?_trksid=p4340.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222001%26algo%3DSIC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D1424240536256697893%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1016%26rk%3D1%26 Anybody have any...
  18. rockin86ranger

Carb?

I am nearly done with the rebuild of the motor for my truck (Of course now that i am finishing it a deal came up on a 2.3t with computer and wiring harness :bawling: ) I have figured out it is a pre 86 2.3l out of a ranger (thinking about 84) It has been bored .40 over everything else is stock...
  19. rockin86ranger

Help finding a song

I don't listen to a lot of new age stuff but i was watching the movie dirty deeds and towards the end a song comes on called ICGM (Italian Click Gang Mafiosa) by Bryan Datillo. I would kind of like to the hear the rest of it but I can't find it anywhere online, neither can anyone else.
  20. rockin86ranger

Supercharged 3.8l Carbed?

I have a ford 3.8l I was thinking about supercharging using parts from a wrecked supercoupe (bottom end, maybe intake manifold idk. But to do carbs i think i need source a supercharger from a different source), the problem is the way I am thinking of going with the project would make EFI an odd...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad