• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Forced induction for the 5.0 Explorer swap

Most of the 5.0 supercharger kits I see are geared towards carburetor setups. Does anyone know of one to be used with the explorer injection setup? So little information out there on this topic
  2. Ranger Thunderbolt?

Have a chance to pick one up with 150K miles, 4.0 Supposedly needs an oil pump. I'm guessing it will need a new engine. Trying to decide if picking it up could be profitable or not. If it were a normal ranger, Its in nice enough shape to fetch 4K ish. But I'm not sure if the thunderbolt...
  3. Rear end gear ratio 373 or 410

Mild build 5.0 engine Explorer 8.8 rear end with disc brakes. I bought the rear end with a 3.55 Switch it over to 3.73 And noticed a bit of a difference, but it wasn't earth-shattering. Since I likely won't be doing any long-distance driving with it anymore, been thinking about switching to...
  4. Stick shift 3.0 eating fuel

I have a stick shift ranger 3.0, it is eating fuel. 15 MPG or less. Used to get about 25 plus depending on driving habits and city/highway. Stock tire size, no check engine light. Runs Great. Engine is tight, no ticks knocks or anything. Stock exhaust. Truck drives straight as an arrow, no...
  5. TMH/OBX headers and aluminum heads

Coil spring front, OBX headers. I had to trim the engine mount plate to get them to fit, but have had no problems other than clearancing a pipe or two so I could get a socket onto the bolt. Anyways, I know these were specifically built for the GT40P head, and everything that I've read about...
  6. Cam Syncro / firing order questions

OK. SO. I ditched the stock explorer cam and went with a comp cams xtreme energy cam. The cam is 4 degrees advanced, and when using the cam sync tool, the syncro is pointed slightly off to the passenger side when it is lined up (as opposed to straight ahead with a stock cam). This would mean...
  7. Header Options

I know stock replacement headers are limited. Torque Monster is the only one I have heard of. And I hear they are no longer building them. Are there any other direct replacement options like the TMH headers? Otherwise, if I want headers building a new exhaust system would be the only option...
  8. Misfire. And odd solution

Ok so I have an 02 / 3.0 / manual trans. Started misfiring on cylinder 5 recently. As the problem progressed, I noticed the speedometers bouncing up to maximum speed and the odometer whirring by. This was accompanied with an engine code that said I was going too fast/ revving too high. After...
  9. 5.0 SCT Tune options

Anyone have any recommendations for a 5.0 Ranger tune with an SCT X3? Fred at Rogue is supposed to be doing it, but we got started and he disappeared on me. over a month ago. Been trying to get it tuned properly since I got my truck done, and I have had no luck. Need it done RIGHT, tired of...
  10. Mods before install?

Join Date: Sep 2012 Posts: 2 Vehicle Specs (Original Poster) v8 recommended performance mods? I am swapping a 98 5.0 Explorer drivetrain into my ranger, and I dont want to drop it in completely stock. I am assuming the motor is already set up with roller lifters? I was thinking a Cam...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad