• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Roger

2.3L ('83-'97) 1990 Ranger 2.3 and what to do with a pile of parts...

Of course, 12 years ago I gave away a 2wd automatic... Interesting thought though...
  2. Roger

Planning a swap, looking for gotcha's...

To close this project out, my son sold this a couple summers ago. It sure was a fun project, but as he and his wife adopted a couple siblings, the Ranger was in my use for the last year he had it. I'll miss it, but the new owner was happy last I heard.
  3. Roger

2.3L ('83-'97) 1990 Ranger 2.3 and what to do with a pile of parts...

A few years ago, my son and I swapped everything important from a 94 Explorer into his 90 Ranger. I'm left with the 2.3, 5 speed, a 1354E and a 1350M t-case, and the 4.10 geared D35 TTB. Now, I also have on hand a Chrysler rear axle from a Cherokee in 4.10 gears. I also have a disco D30 in 3.55...
  4. Roger

1350M, 1354E questions

I have had my fill of the electronic shifters. Plain and simple. I rebuilt the motor and switches a couple times on the 90 Ranger. And when we swapped the entire 94 Explorer into the Ranger frame and cab, one of the few things that inconsistently worked was the 4x4. I can't even get it to...
  5. Roger

Planning a swap, looking for gotcha's...

Planning to swap my 1990 Ranger 2.3 and manual trans 4x4 out for a 1994 Explorer 4.0 auto 4x4. This truck has had a lot done already, we swapped a 88 cab because the original was rusted badly and we got the 88 really cheap. Swapping the 90 dash assembly wasn't easy, but the rest of the body...
  6. Roger

2.3 in a B2? Anyone done this?

I have a 90 Ranger with 2.3 and 5 speed. Its likely going to be swapped out for a Explorer 4.0 and A4LD. Has anyone put a 2.3 in a B2? I don't need it as a trail monster, or a speed demon. Looking to chop the top and make it a nice weather cruiser.
  7. Roger

my d30 sas

Wrangler springs are also a lot softer than you'll need.
  8. Roger

my d30 sas

If you want to use leaf springs, you need a YJ Wrangler D30...
  9. Roger

I can't find a brake replacement thread

Neither here or at Explorer forum. I need to replace the brake pads on my 94 Explorer and I can't find a thread showing how to work with the slide pins. I've done lots of other brakes but never these... Pics very helpful...
  10. Roger

yet another person wasting time on a D30

Not all Grand Cherokee D30s have CVs. Almost all the V* ones do, but the 4 liter D30s will have either. I know mine has Ujoints...
  11. Roger

Jeep dana 30 i want the best

The cut for carriers in the D30 are 3.55 and down (3.07s), 3.73 and up (4.10s). 4.10 axles can be found in 4 banger Cherokees and some 5 speed 6 bangers. HP D30s were available in all years Cherokee EXCEPT 2000 and 2001. The Center Axle Disconnect is only found in pre-95 XJs, although, some...
  12. Roger

How to ruin a 2.3 Duratec

Too much fuel washes the oil from the cylinder walls...
  13. Roger

Remember the GMC Syclone? I want to build a Ranger version.

I don't know how the Jeep NV242 would handle AWD pavement launches, but there are plenty of them in the junkyards. The Grands with the AWD don't have 2WD (NV247 and NV249). My 242 in my ZJ has 2WD, Fulltime 4WD, Part time 4WD and 4 Lo. I have towed another Jeep in Fulltime before, as well as...
  14. Roger

Remember the GMC Syclone? I want to build a Ranger version.

A friend and I talked of this once. Here is what we thought... First and foremost. The front TTB isn't going to make it in its stock configuration. So, in our beer induced conversation, we thought cutting the engine crossmember out and raising it in the frame about 3" would be the trick...
  15. Roger

Need Advice... DANA 30 SAS...

All the Jeep guys I know with a CAD axle, ditch the CAD mechanism and put a one piece axle shaft in the place of the two piece, and put a plate over the CAD opening. I have a CAD axle to use and it will get a one piece axle shaft as soon as I find one.
  16. Roger

d30 sas steering?

Mudhound you are doing most of what I was planning with a SAS. But for now (monetary constraints) my D35 will suffice. I never really gave things a chance when I switched to longer radius arms and all. I like that you mention the 2 and 4 piston brakes for the WJ, the 2 piston doesn't give...
  17. Roger

Coolant leak driver's side...

My son called me Friday and said his EX (4.0, A4LD, 4x4, 203,000 miles) was spitting coolant. It was dark and cold, but he thought it was coming from the left side... So we drove down today (120 miles each way), hoping it was just a hose or some such. No such luck. It seems to be leaking right...
  18. Roger

Need 2002 F150 wiring diagram...

2002 F150 Supercrew. Power window switch has issues. My wife rolled the drivers window down today, and it stayed down. Not good. All other windows work just fine, the locks work fine and the power mirrors are fine too. Switch is a module that doesn't make a great deal of sense. But the...
  19. Roger

Yes... I'm asking about a Dana 30.

So not everyone can afford everything up front. He sold the 37s to fund the 60s, used his old 33s. Whatever you gotta say to sleep with yourself at night man...:annoyed: Nice twist to that shaft...
  20. Roger

Yes... I'm asking about a Dana 30.

NOW you change your tune. I do not know if they were stock shafts or not. All I know is he broke one. He threw D60s under his TJ to avoid breaking like he did his D30. So put it to rest now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad