• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1991fordranger1

1990 ranger diesel conversion

Rebuild the rear diff. Put 4.10s in my speedo is now correct with the 31s it seems to be a bit more torquey. I don't have it plated right now but took it around the block a couple times. I have the plates Off so I can try to get a few things i don't like done. Hoping I can swing the money to...
  2. 1991fordranger1

I've got about 70kms on it. Minor things like going around and tightening up bolts. Caster needs to be adjusted but close enough to get the springs to settle in the front a bit. Going to just send it tonight and do a 200km trip to pick up a boat. Hero or zero time
  3. 1991fordranger1

Remember to treat yourself
  4. 1991fordranger1

I have shocks getting thru this one piece at a time
  5. 1991fordranger1

New transmission cross member to fit between the bottom link mounts from the front suspension. Progress getting closer
  6. 1991fordranger1

Some bits of my 8.8 Conversiom with chevy leafs
  7. 1991fordranger1

Front is done minus the shock towers and brake lines. Along with making sway bar links to suit. I am going to switch gears and go at the rear now. I have to pick up the 8.8 this week and go pull leafs from donor chev. Rear will go fast have done it before and have parts somewhere for the...
  8. 1991fordranger1

Little bit of c CAD work Cardboard assisted design
  9. 1991fordranger1

Test fitted. Looks good now I can finish bracing the coil buckets and move on to steering and track bar.
  10. 1991fordranger1

Little more progress for those still following along Decided to go 3 link just becuase I want to no other reason. Went with zj 4.5inch coils because they were a good deal to get brand new. Zjs were the v8 cheerokee should help with the diesels weight
  11. 1991fordranger1

Rubber mounts built Long arms placed and cut to length I only got one welded together. I have new coils coming hopefully here today or Monday. Then I can start building the upper buckets. Lots of little stuff to do but it makes alot more sense after starting the project then just...
  12. 1991fordranger1

I machined my own end links to make my radius arms Finished product. One end of the radius arm is solid I need you position the axle where I want it. I plan on using the 3 bolt holes from the trans crossmember that are parallel on the frame either side to locate my rear mount and then...
  13. 1991fordranger1

I don't know I bought the motor years ago. I dont keep track. I like the challenge of overcoming challenges. I just want to do it is all. But probably 5 grand ish. But you have to gauge what your skill level is and access to tools and stuff like that.
  14. 1991fordranger1

My transmission blew on my mini van so things are on hold. Until I get rebuilt one in there. I am going to swap the front and then do the rear to match still
  15. 1991fordranger1

I was thinking more like taller buckets. I like your thinking pattern tho. But to be a true motor head I'd need to drag this truck out to my front yard with the diff tore out of it and start a new project with one of those blue tarps but a ripped up one to flap in the wind until the truck rusts...
  16. 1991fordranger1

So I got some free springs they are a bit big but thought I could just cut them down if I didnt like the height. Well I went to jack up my truck to discover the ball joints are shot on the bottom and the wheel bearings are even worse. I think this is turning into a sas swap now. I've found a...
  17. 1991fordranger1

Egt gauge fit in there nicely. Dont worry the stereo isnt working. So dont have to work about how ugly it is

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad