• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. notaprob

brakes not disengaging

Thanks for the replies! I greased the slides and bled the front brakes. The fluid was dark brown/black ? I drove it today with no problems. However, I was not able to bleed the rear brakes. I opened the valve and the pedal got hard and would not go down. It was like the valves were not open at...
  2. notaprob

brakes not disengaging

I was driving around town for a few hours and I noticed the brakes started acting funny. When I was driving, the truck was veering to the left. When I engaged the brake, it would either dive hard to to the left and sometimes the right. When I let off the throttle, the truck would slow down...
  3. notaprob

Swapping intakes-MAF question

I would like to swap the piping of an intake off of a 98 4.0 ranger to my 94 4.0 ranger. My question is: Will a MAF off of the 1998 4.0 ranger work on a 1994 4.0 ranger? The color on the wires are the same but the quick connect is different so I would have have to splice a different one on the...
  4. notaprob

lack of power and bad gas mileage

I have a problem with my truck and it has a CEL. It lacks in HP and it shutters in any gear under 2000 rpm. It gets worse mpg than my previous ranger with the same specs. It also runs better when the engine is warmed up. The plug on CYL5 is wet and the other plugs seem a little on the lean side...
  5. notaprob

A/C not fixed yet

Last year, I replaced the condenser, compressor and orifice tube. I used the refrigerant in a can to charge it, and the A/C worked once or twice. About a year later, I took my truck to a mechanic to get it charged with their machine and they said it was a pound low and they fixed a small leak...
  6. notaprob

wiring harness

Does anyone know where I can find a wiring harness for a `94 ranger 4.0. I have been to three salvage yards, eBay, rockauto, ford dealership, and no luck. It is the harness that plugs into the computer under the hood. The problem is that I have a bad miss and sometimes it gets so bad that the...
  7. notaprob

wiper motor not functioning right

Hey, I bought a 1994 ranger and and the wiper motor did not work and im not sure if it had been replaced because the wires were cut and put back together. I saw that the fuse was missing so I put it in and as soon as I did the motor started running and I heard plastic grinding and I took the...
  8. notaprob

codes that dosen`t exist

I took my truck to a shop and they hooked the computer up to a scanner several times and one time they said they got false codes. I`m still having electrical problems. It is starting to get worse. What could cause that to happen?
  9. notaprob

Injector ticking

Is it normal for an injector to tick? I unplugged it and the engine idled rough. Just trying to figure out a random bogging problem....
  10. notaprob

spark plugs

I have arching issues at every spark plug. I ohmed out the coil pack and it is the same as a new one, I bought new bwd custom fitted wires and tried another set, and I got Bosch Platinum Plus spark plugs and it is still arching. The valve covers slowly leaked oil over the years and it is a...
  11. notaprob

Misses then runs fine

hey! I have been reading on here for the past couple of years and figuring out issues with my truck. This is the first time that I have been stumped and I would like to get my problem resolved before school starts. I have a 1994 4.0 4x4 5 speed ranger. My friend said it was a push rod and not...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad