• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Swapping +1 wheels

Hey everyone. I'm going to be due for some new tires in the next few months, and I'm considering upsizing a bit. This is on a completely stock 2002 Ranger 4x4 Offroad, and I have the stock 245/75/16 on it currently. Instead of going up to a 265/75/16(31.6") or a 285/75/16(32.8"), I'm thinking I...
  2. 2002 4x4 acting a fool

2002 Ranger, 4.0 auto trans. I replaced the 4wd motor about 2 years ago, so it fairly new. And the problem I'm having, is after I drive somewhere, it doesn't want to engage. Example: I leave my house in the morning, engage 4wd just fine to get out of my neighborhood with all the snow. Back to...
  3. 02 vs 07 trans

I have a 2002 4.0 auto. Looking to source a used trans replacement. Rockauto lists the 01-03 trans as compatible. 07-11 is supposedly different. There is a 07 at my local yard. Is it a compatible trans?
  4. 2002 4.0, what is this?

Just noticed this on my 2002 4.0. Not sure what it goes to, as the wires disappear under the intake manifold.
  5. Fuel pressure leak

2002 4.0 After replacing plugs and wires, I've been getting idle misfires, but no codes. Decided to check fuel pressure, especially since it's been getting harder to start lately. If I turn on/off multiple times, it will start right up. Hooked up the gauge today, and I get instant fuel pressure...
  6. 2002 4.0 misfires

Recently bought a 2002 4.0. One of the first things I did was to replace the spark plugs, since I had no idea what condition they were. Did some searching, and got the Autolite XP5144. I had intended to wait and get the Motorcraft plug wires, but the wires that were on there did not want to come...
  7. Rear Spring questions

2002 Ranger supercab 4.0 4x4 offroad Spring code on the door tag is 1K For the rear springs, from what I'm finding, the K code is 2600lbs, which is obviously 1300lbs per side. The most common available spring seems to be a 1250lb spring. Will that make any difference in ride feel or stock...
  8. Hazards don't work

2002 Ranger supercab 4.0 Hello again! Been about 10 years since I've been on here, when I sold my previous Ranger. Just picked up a 2002 Ranger for a great deal recently. However, the hazards won't work. When the switch is down, all the turn signals work correctly. When the switch is up, turn...
  9. Timing problem(I think)

The timing in the truck is set to factory spec(SPOUT disconnected). When I connect everything as it should be, it feels like the truck is pulling timing, and I get some hesitation and low power. If I disconnect the SPOUT connector and drive it around, it seems to make the problem go away. It...
  10. Source for speedo gears?

When I called my local ford dealer, they told me the gears are no longer available from Ford. Is there another place that makes them now?
  11. 8.8 upgrade

Just found on craigslist, a fantastic price on a '99 Ranger 8.8 28 spline axle. Currently on an '87 7.5. Just want to verify before buying... the '99 8.8 is a direct bolt in, yes? No mods necessary to make it fit the truck(other than gearing appropriately)? I know the '99 is 2" wider than my...
  12. Occasional noise from tranny

Seems to me like it's either the slave cylinder or release bearing. One some occasions, I get an awful noise from the transmission. Sounds like a bearing going out, and changes with input shaft speed. I can even feel it in the clutch pedal, and the noise changes when I push in the clutch...
  13. Cylinder balance test?

I bought the Actron code scanner for the older Fords today. Ran the KOEO and KOER with the scanner. In the book it talks about doing a cylinder balance test, and I'm doing as it says, but I never get any results. It tells me the test should take about 3 minutes. I've tried several times now, and...
  14. EGR tube

Having a hard time finding an EGR tube in the junkyard from another '87ish 2.3 Ranger. But there are alot of Mustangs in the junkyard of various years with the 2.3. What other years/vehicles can I get an EGR tube from? Mine is bent at the end, causing a leak, and Ford says the part is no...
  15. 2,000 miles of torture

For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to drive my '87 Ranger from Denver to Chicago and back, instead of taking the '92 Ranger, or my Subaru. Turns out, it was a bad idea. I should have kept the thing in the state on a trip, and not go this far with it. Utterly miserable trip...
  16. Results of my diagnoses so far...

I just got done doing some work on this '87 2.3. Compression test: Current vs previous:(on the original head, which has been changed) #1: 135..............140 #2: 125-130.......140 #3: 140..............130 #4: 140..............125 Also did a vacuum test, which resulted in a steady 15 at...
  17. 87 Cel?

Is an '87 supposed to have a CEL? I have the space for one, but the circuitry on the back of the instrument cluster has never been cut open to accept a bulb. Is this factory original and doesn't use a CEL? Or maybe a swapped cluster?
  18. Less power when warmed up

Bang...Bang...Bang That's the sound my truck makes, when I do a full throttle acceleration. Each time I shift, it does this(but only when warmed up). Sequence of events: Accelerate Push in clutch Let off gas Shift Release clutch Back in gas BANG! I did manage to confirm that it is when I...
  19. A seat question

That I haven't found an answer to. Can you bolt Ranger/B2/Exploder seats, of a split bench or bucket variety, to a full bench track? This bench seat is not he most comfy, but I'm not opposed to a full bench in this standard cab truck. But the comfort level(or lack thereof) has got to go!
  20. What do these pictures tell you?

About this cylinder?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad