• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Does fan come on at startup?

Mine does that too. Like every Explorer I ever heard. I'm guessing it's normal.
  2. Trans fluid

"D'oH!"
  3. '08 w 5spd OD auto trans made in France.

My new 2.3L has this "5-spd automatic O/D trans" ($1000 option). With a 4.10 ratio regular axle, the performance and fuel economy are fine. When did Ford go to these? Any experience/opinions on longevity? Just wondering. It's my first automatic. I'm more a stick guy. I thought Ford used...
  4. New 2.3

My '08 2.3L with the auto 5 speed overdrive (made in France) is peppier than my old '88 with the manual. The new one has 4.10 to 1 rear end. Also manages 25mpg.:icon_thumby:
  5. Trans fluid

Gads, just when I knew the answers, they changed the spec. The rear ends in these things still use gear oil, right? Or have they changed to Hoppes #9 gun oil?:rolleyes:
  6. Trans fluid

In a manual? My '88 took 80/90 gear lube.
  7. New here for the second time

Hey howdy. Joined a couple of years ago when I bought a well used '88 2.3L and was glad for the many pointers, but family health issues arose and I kinda dropped out after only a few weeks. Grabbed a new 2.3L because they were practically giving them away, so I'm back to upgrade my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad