• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1994 Ranger 4.0l fuel pump died

So my fuel pump finally gave up after 30 years Was on a job site as well, last job before long weekend, at 2pm was ready to leave and Crank but No Start Couldn't hear the fuel pump with key on and off a few times Did the OBD1 jumper and FP relay "clicked" but no pump sound Jumped the FP relay...
  2. 1994 4x4 radius arm bushings

Was hoping the cross frame bracket was bolted on, and when I first looked I saw 2 bolts on lower frame rail but then 2 rivets on the side of frame................ Bummer Any reason I shouldn't grind off the 2 rivets and replace them with bolts? I can't think of any reason...
  3. Speedo spun

My 1994 Ranger lost its speedometer, spun around past max and stuck there, wasn't driving more than 60mph well 100kph Canadian cluster Odometer/trip still work so cable and gear are OK My gas gauge has also been acting up so I guess its time to pull the cluster, and see whats what I am sure its...
  4. Rivian R1S

Friend of mine put down a $1,500 pre-order deposit on the R1S(SUV model) a few years back He just got notified that he should get delivery in a few months, and at the same Price as was suggested at the time of the pre-order, $80,000can, current list is $120,000can, its the full option model...
  5. 1994 Ranger wiper bushing

These are the "cups" that the "ball" on the wiper blade fits into There are assortment bushings that can be ordered, Dorman Just wondering if anyone has tried those and if any fit
  6. Smoking Room

Decide to make a smoking room in the house Have 15x45 so 650sq/ft 8ft ceiling so 5400cu/ft Above ground, but lower floor 2 exterior walls 2 doors, one window Hot water heat so no vents, no AC I can use two exhaust fans to create slight negative pressure that will pull air in from the rest of...
  7. 2.3L ('02-'11) Replacing 2.3l duratec block with a 2.5l duratec block

Interesting write up here: https://www.ranger-forums.com/dohc-2-3l-duratec-mazda-l-engines-136/2-3l-head-2-5l-block-167700/#post2200396 Member had a bad 2.3l block and couldn't find a replacement, but seemed to find lots of 2.5l blocks
  8. 1994 Ranger windshield wiper part

As said 1994 Ranger The wiper arms are connected to the motor's arms under the cowl with a ball and socket setup Metal ball but a plastic/metal socket(bushing) Socket is worn out so ball can pop out, and on drivers side of course, lol 1995 and up is different Not sure how far back is the same...
  9. Torx and Torx Plus

Its one of those things you know but forget to pass along Ford uses torx plus in a few applications, seats and seat belts often Here's the difference: https://www.pemnet.com/images/design_info/torx_vs_torxplus.jpg If your regular torx feels sloppy and next size up is too big then its most...
  10. So the wait is over

Let the "other" excuses for not getting vaccinated fly, lol
  11. Just saw this

Maybe I've been sleeping but never read about this Truck being in development https://rivian.com/r1t Full electric 0-60 in 3 seconds!!! 830ft/lb torque Hennessey builds the fastest trucks but even its Ram 1500 TRX with 1,000HP "only" hits 3.2seconds I need to buy me a long extension cord...
  12. Ford Escape or Edge

Daughter has a 2009 Ford Fusion, which has been a good car She would like to sit up higher so was looking to get an SUV but a mid sized She may go new but I like 3 or 4 year old myself, lol Anyone have any comments on the 2015-2018 models
  13. Exhaust issue

1994 Ranger 4.0l 4x4 Whats wrong with this picture The hole in flange got bigger and let spring come thru so big leak It happened when driving and I was near my local muffler shop so stopped by They put it on the lift and told me I needed to replace Cat back, $700!!!! I have used the same...
  14. Injectors powered by Fuel Pump Relay

So was just looking at 2007 2.3l Ranger wiring diagram To my surprise the fuel injectors don't get 12volts from PCM relay anymore, they get it from Fuel Pump relay Diagram below In Previous years the FP relay was only activated for 2 seconds key on and then wouldn't activate again until...
  15. Ranger brochures

Found these in my travels, which are missing in our Brochure page Looks like 2005 is to big, link to it is here: https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2005-Ford-Ranger.pdf
  16. 2009 Ford Fusion

Daughter's car 2009 Fusion SEL 3.0l TPMS sensors are 11 years old and getting her some new tires, so thought they should be changed out 2010 and up used the Valve stem type 2008/9 seems to use the band type I can't see a problem cutting off the old ones and installing new valve stem type...
  17. Odd issue with my 1994

1994 Ranger 4.0l 4x4, manual trans All electrics are original except spark plugs/wires and O2 sensors, 400k A few days ago it stalled after 2 min drive time so still cold, wouldn't restart right away, figured fuel pump time, 26 years, I got no complaints, lol It did restart after about 2min...
  18. Electric transfer case to manual shift device from IN THE CAB

Never seen this before: https://behemothdrivetrain.com/products/borg-warner-transfer-case-electric-to-manual-shift-conversion Don't see why it wouldn't work, also good for Flat Towing because it looks like Neutral would be accessible with this Not cheap but looks well built
  19. 1994 4.0l OHV overheating

So I bought another 1994 4.0l with blown head gaskets, both sides, cylinders #2 and #4, glove test Sent the heads out to machine shop, and much to my surprise neither was cracked valves checked OK so they surfaced them. Flushed the block out, had water pump off Flushed heater core, good flow...
  20. 2005 Ford Rangers NO PATS

Surprised me when I came across this: http://www.vintrack.com/2013 Transponder Immobi Herndon CHART.pdf My thinking was all V6 Rangers 1999 - 2011 had PATS, period, And 2001 - 2011 2.3l Duratec Rangers had it as well 2005 Rangers didn't, doesn't even say optional say deleted, couldn't find a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad