• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. red85

Anybody ever done the Hatfield & McCoy Trail?

Hi everybody... (hi Dr. Nick :icon_twisted:) Has anyone ever ridden the Hatfield and McCoy trail system in WV? My family is looking at a vacation where we will spend the majority of the time on our dirt bikes. What I'm looking for is places to stay/avoid, which trails are best for views and...
  2. red85

I'm baaaack and plotting a new swap!

It's been awhile since I checked in here so hello everyone. I'm in the process of plotting a new swap for my dd 96. I've been searching for a wrecked V8 Explorer, but I have found a 90's Land Rover with a V8 that would make an interesting project donor. At this point, all options are being...
  3. red85

Ranger mass exodus from my driveway

I can't believe it. My 85 Ranger is now gone. I made a deal with a guy for an 04 Suzuki RM-Z 250. He picked up the truck on Wednesday night and dropped off my new bike. The new bike is a sledgehammer on the track and handles great offroad. I feel like I traded away my child though. This...
  4. red85

I just bought a KX 125!

I just bought a 2006 KX 125 and I have a question for those of you who own 2-strokes. What ratio are you mixing your gas at? The guy I bought the bike from goes at 40:1. It just sounds a bit off to me.
  5. red85

What speedo gear do I need?

I just picked up a nice new to me 96 Ranger Supercab with a 3.0 and an auto. It currently has 14" wheels on it and I hate how they look, I have a nice set of 15" deer hoofs with some fairly agressive 235 75 15's on them. What speedo gear do I need to make sure the speedo is correct? Oh, it...
  6. red85

The 85 and 2.3 turbo trucks are for sale!

Well I have decided to sell both the 85 and the 2.3 turbo 94. My driveway has 4 rangers in it and I want the space back so I can work on my other toys (3 mx bikes and another on the way :) ). It's tough to let go of these trucks as they've been my kids for 10+ years. I still have my "new"...
  7. red85

Bought another Ranger

Well after poking around under my trusty old 94 Ranger I found some terminal rot and rust. I just finished installing a 2.3T and I was pretty excited about it until I found the bottom of the cab looked like swiss cheese, the core support was about as solid as a wet paper bag and multiple other...
  8. red85

PSP bracket fitment issue

I'm in the final stages of my 2.3T build and I've hit a bit of a snag. First I'll give the specs: originally the truck was a 94 2.3 DPDIS and I've put in a 88 distributor ignition engine built for boost. The issue I'm having is that the Ranger (original) power steering pump bracket interferes...
  9. red85

The white ring on my slave cylinder line is missing. How do I disconnect it now?

I've always just pushed the white ring in with a couple of screwdrivers. The plastic ring is missing on my 94. Any clever ideas on how to disconnect this without cutting it off the slave?
  10. red85

I'm freakin beat. My Ranger turbo swap is kicking the crap out of me!

Well guys My 94 Ranger is under the knife. I'm right in the middle of swapping in a freshly built 2.3T. Mechanically, it's not a bad job but my body is literally kicking the crap out of me. I'm recovering from broken ribs (MX accident 6 weeks ago) and ligament damage (MX accident last...
  11. red85

Sensor Question

I am almost done my 2.3T swap and now I have a question. There is a threaded opening on the inlet side of the turbo (not on the turbo itself, but on the piece that would attach to piping from the VAM. What is supposed to go in there? Is it a place for a sensor to mount or can I just plug it...
  12. red85

Overheating: What else to try?? Driving me nuts (and poor)

Any time there's coolant in the exhaust (I missed that in you first post), there's something serious there. You may have blown the head gasket. You will also need to flush your engine and cooling system. Make sure you have the t-stat changed. One good overheat is all it takes to kill one...
  13. red85

Overheating: What else to try?? Driving me nuts (and poor)

Do a rad flush, check your hoses to see if they collapsing. Repace the thermostat as well. If it's been overheating, it's likely failed.
  14. red85

Clutch disc for 2.3T?

I posted this in the transmission forum as well but it doesn't get the traffic this forum does. My question is a pretty simple one : I'm almost done with my 2.3T build and now I'm wondering about what clutch disc to use. The pressure plate will be one for a TC or Merkur, but the splines are...
  15. red85

Clutch disc for use with 2.3 turbo

I'm in the final stages of a 2.3T buildup for my 94 and I am clutch shopping. I know the clutch disc fo a TC or Merkur is a different spline than the one for a Ranger. So the question is do I just use a stock Ranger disc with an upgraded pressure plate for a TC or Merkur?
  16. red85

IHI coolant lines?

Does anyone know how to plumb these in? I was thinking of tapping into the heater hoses, but I'm not sure I should do that. Any answers out there?
  17. red85

TFI to DPDIS question

I was just reading one of the stickies regarding switching a TFI setup to a DPDIS setup and I have a couple of questions. How did you cap the hole where the distributor lives? Did you have to change front covers to accomodate the crank trigger? Any and all pics would be a help to me.
  18. red85

Rebuild Kit sources?

I've been searching around for good rebuild kits for my 2.3 turbo. Everybody I see on ebay seems to think that Canada must be on another planet because the shipping on their kits is as much as the kits themselves! Any suggestions?
  19. red85

Captain Phil Harris passes away :(

For all of you Deadliest Catch fans, I was deeply saddened to hear that Capt Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie passed away after suffering a stroke. Still can't believe he's gone...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad