• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. organic

external coolant leak

I had a coolant leak while driving, after stopping looked under the engine and saw a large drip comming from the bottom of the water pump. must be the weep hole - i replaced the water pump and started it up and guess what, still leaking. I isolated it to the housing that the water pump bolts on...
  2. organic

misfire and skipping when cold

my truck has been acting up when cold for 3 weeks now, skips and bucks when i give it gas and all this goes competely away once it is warmed up. I've been waiting for it to throw a code but i don't even have one pending. anyone got any idea what it could be? if it was a sensor should'nt it show...
  3. organic

Best AR chambered in .308 Win/7.62x51 mm NATO?

The reason I ask is because my main hunting rifle is chambered .308 Win. After shooting my friends AR-15 (.223 Rem) I've been day dreaming, and figured it would be nice to have an AR chambered the same. I have been doing some research, well more like reading. Just wondering what you all think...
  4. organic

Trying to understand final crawl ratio?

I guess whats got me confused is running larger tire size. When you use the calculator to determine final crawl you have to plug in your diff ratio. What if your running a larger diameter tire with your stock ring and pinion? The bigger tire would in turn make your 4.10's more like 3.20's...
  5. organic

Max degrees rear pinion angle for short wheelbase, SOA rigs?

Like the title says, How much can you clock the rear pinion, especially for a short WB with a soa? Seems like the pinion's pointing towards the sky, is there any problems running it like this? Is the only alternative a wheelbase stretch? Any advice appreciated, paranoid new CJ5 owner.
  6. organic

New Toy, an old CJ!

Noticed it on my way to work yesterday, stopped by today and after testing her out I made the deal. Luckily it was only a mile or so from my house so I wasn't to worried about driving her home illegally. Definately needs work here and there but she runs really strong. God those old...
  7. organic

took a drive in my woods

We had alot of rain last weekend, this mud was just way to tempting.
  8. organic

Where's the Ranger commercial?

All you ever see is the fullsize, and those ads aren't even that inspiring.
  9. organic

rear upper shock mounts, where to buy?

I've had a hard time finding these at the regular auto part chains. You would think they would stock them along with the rear leaf hangers, especially in rust country. Is this a Ford dealer only part?
  10. organic

premium membership?

I was just wondering if the premium membership for the year was still 10$? The only form I could find was dated 2007.
  11. organic

Stock ranger with 4.56's

The Tech Library says some rangers came with 4.56's from the factory. I guess they must be very rare, because I've never came across one. Does anyone know what rangers to look for? Was it just fleet trucks, or fx4 models?
  12. organic

Manual Transfer case?

I'm wondering if any of the newer rangers(98-08) can be had with the manual case? Is it only availabe with the fx4? I'm looking at getting an 08 sport 4x4, but can't find one with the manual case. Any info greatly appreciated.
  13. organic

Yokohama's?

I was looking at the Yokohama Geolandar M/T directional tires. They look pretty aggressive for a radial mud tire, and the price is pretty average compared to other radial mud tires. Anyone have any experience with these tires? How do they compare to the others. Thanks.
  14. organic

Pics of my 95 shortbox

Just some quick pics. I'll have to get some action shots soon. Let me know what you all think. Thanks
  15. organic

Thinking about buying 76 F-150 4x4

Well I came across a 76 F-150 4x4 for sale. It has a 360, C6, said it got a new fuel pump, carb, radiator, shocks, tie rod end, brakes(pads), front wheel bearings. He wants $600(more rust than sheet metal). I haven't drove it yet, but he said it runs stong and the 4x4 works perfect(high and...
  16. organic

Alignment? leveling front

I would like to level the front of my 95 shortbox 4x4. I was wondering if there was a way I could check to see if I'll be able to realign the truck before I lift it. I'm probably only going like 1.5". thanks guys!
  17. organic

Wierd Noise?

My 95 is starting to make a slight noise while releasing the clutch. Once the truck gets moving the noise goes away? I can shift into any gear and its perfectly quiet. When the tranny's in nuetral or the pedal fully engaged there's no sound, but as soon as there is a little load it starts up...
  18. organic

15 Recent forum topics

Just wondering if the recent forum topics will be displayed on the main page? I really liked that feature.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad