• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2001 4.0 SOHC shaking and losing oil excessively

Yes, it was fine- zero symptom before this. No puffs of smoke even at startup. Before I unscrewed the downstream O2, the thing didn't even have the CEL. It had less power, but still plenty for the choppy running condition. I want to noid the injectors and clean up the whole top/bottom of...
  2. 2001 4.0 SOHC shaking and losing oil excessively

OK - I searched on here, found some related stuff but not exactly what I'm experiencing. FIRST of all, this truck has almost NO exhaust left. What I mean is EVERYTHING behind downpipe is GONE. Downstream O2 sensor is just hanging there- I disconnected it from the rear cat pipe, which was...
  3. 2001 Ranger 4.0 SOHC EXCESSIVE oil consumption after injector issue

Ok- so, maybe I'm just too tired from all the OT I've been doing- but here is what's going on: My '01 Edge 4x4 with a 4.0 SOHC has a cylinder #6 misfire, is running all choppy, and as of the last few months, has been consuming so much oil that it's equated to about 3 oil changes. Before the...
  4. Axle Seal aka wheel seal tech

Attention mods.. Feel free to make this a sticky if no one has covered it. I searched for it in the past on here and didn't find anything about it. When replacing your axle seals (with aftermarket parts) on the 8.8 axle, you must use the axle shaft seal meant for the 7.5 axle. This is part #...
  5. 2 piece to 1 piece right UCA

My 2001 4x4 Edge Super Cab needs the whole front end redone. Anyone change the passenger side UCA from 2 piece to one piece? I was thinking of doing that, buying 2° caster bolts, and some torsion keys to level it out before I finally get an alignment. What do you think?
  6. Inaccurate speedo-I read all associated posts

Hey, I have a 2001 Ranger 4x4 Super Cab with the 5R55E 5-speed auto trans. I have the stock size tires on it (P245-75/16). My speedo reads +5 MPH all the time that I can tell. I've gone through those Police "speed boxes" and seen it them say 41 MPH, for example, and the truck is up to 45 MPH...
  7. 2001 Ranger Fuse Box Diagram

Hey all, can someone please post a diagram for the fuse block(s) in a 2001 Ranger Edge/XLT? I have no owners manual for the truck. So far, I changed one 25A for the high beams. That was located in position 33 in the fuse block located on the driver's side dash/door jamb. All of this trucks' fuse...
  8. A quick hello

Hello Gang, I'm happy to have found this site a few years back. My name's RJ and I live in Southern NY. After a long search, I've found my first Ranger. :yahoo: It's a black/gray interior 2001 SuperCab XLT Off-Road with the 4.0L and 5-speed auto trans. 103600 miles. It has everything, hitches...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad