• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 98rngrfx4

98 ac full, compressor works, no air

Okay i went through the motions. After much research, i discovered my blend door was broke. I just replaced it by cutting a hole out to reach it. Anyways while i had it open with ac blowing or trying to i shud say lol, i noticed the evaporator core never got cold. Ac used to work half ass when...
  2. 98rngrfx4

1354 swapout ?s

Okay i went and got another 1354 out of 00 explorer. It lookd identical in everyway. Same front yoke deal no leaks solid chain. Same switch on dash Heres the new tcase with no brown wire Heres mine with brown wire Wut is the purpose of brown wire? How do i get this to work with my truck?
  3. 98rngrfx4

98 w/ 3" blocks cant find shocks

Hello i have a 98 4.0 xlt fx4 I bought the truck sum time ago, the guy said he put overload shocks on the bak. Well i looked under and theres 3" blocks bak there with gabriel ultra shocks. The shocks are loose from the bottom bracket. Besides the bolts that wont tighten, is it normal for me...
  4. 98rngrfx4

Urgent help bw1354 overhaul ?'s

This is my only ride and do not want to fry it, need help asap pls! Im new to this, i have done extensive research but i have a few questions. I have good mechanic and tools but this procedure is new to him also I have a 98 ranger ext. cab fx4 4.0l -i need faqs on how to install the rebuild...
  5. 98rngrfx4

98 4.0 heater not working

heater has worked forever now until about 3 weeks ago when it started getting cold. lol greatttt timing ford rangerrrr! i decided to drain my radiator and put antifreeze in it. i pulled the drainplug and it didnt drain. looked like gunky hairy stuff. wtf? lol so i pulled off the lower hose and...
  6. 98rngrfx4

98 does wierd stuff sometimes

ive had this truck for a couple months now, no problems mechanically until about 2 weeks ago. i can start my truck and it will idle perfectly as long as i leave it on. but (not always) as soon as i put it in reverse or drive it will die. sometimes it will sputter first. out of the 12 times its...
  7. 98rngrfx4

speedo works somedays only

i checked the speedo post and it didnt help me. i have a 98 ranger 4wd xlt. my speedo works prolly twice a week and only when i first start the truck and drive. when it does this it only works for about 5 miles then stops. my odometer works only when the speedo does also. i replaced the vss on...
  8. 98rngrfx4

98 a/c cold when driving only

my 98 ranger max a/c blows pretty cold, could be alot better, when driving highway. when at stop light it gets warmm. when idling its warmm. a/c is charged good. fan clutch is good or motor would overheat right? cleaned all radiators with purple power. when i put switch to normal a/c its all...
  9. 98rngrfx4

4x4 wont engage automatically

I have a 98 ranger. 4.0l. my truck has manual locking hubs and when i turn the knob the light on dash says its in 4high or 4low w/e i put it in, but it wont automatically engage. i have to get out and manually lock the hubs for the 4x4 to work. how do i get it back to automatically doing this?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad