• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. backwoods

2003 explorer 4.6

My exploder was "missing" while cruising. Especially evident around 2k rpm. It felt obvious like a bad plug. I picked up new plugs and swapped them in this evening. The miss seems to be gone but when I took it for a test drive, the motor would rev almost to red line before shifting and then...
  2. backwoods

Advance Auto Sale

This probably is not the right place for this... link: Advance auto coupon details :icon_cheers:
  3. backwoods

Fn scar

5.56 is perfect for zombies. A lot lighter so you can carry more. I just don't care for larger calibers unless it is for specific hunting or 500 yd plus plinking. No reason to get a scar for long range though.
  4. backwoods

Southington Off Road Park 11/3 -Halloween Event

I'll be there with a couple of Jeeps and am looking for some rangers to come along! Probably be the last ride of the year. (at least for me) If we can get a few people coming along, I'll even toss the grill in the truck. (weather permitting) If you haven't been to Southington (old jeepskool)...
  5. backwoods

.243 v .270

I sent back a cdl in 300um. Worst shooting modern rifle I've tried.. Loved the feel of it though.. Although using almost 100grain loads made shooting it really expensive. I was really let down by another cdl in 30-06. But I love my. 270 bdl. Great shooting gun and purty as they get. It's about...
  6. backwoods

.243 v .270

I saw a study sometime back done by the military to determine "lethality" of a round. It measured fragmentation, tendency to tumble...etc. They determined that a .270 cal bullet was the most lethal. Not a coincidence that shortly thereafter all the 6.8 designs popped up on the market. It is a...
  7. backwoods

Best part about changing gearing

I can now shift from 3rd to 5th no problem. This lets me put a big gulp in my cup holder and not worry about smashing it! :icon_hornsup:
  8. backwoods

2003 exploder= biggest P.O.S. I've ever owned

Just a quick little rant. :nopityA: I've never towed with the vehicle. It has never seen dirt. Never been wrecked. Has 130k miles. Since I've owned it, I've rebuilt the rear end. Replaced both front axles. Repaired the transmission. I have to do ball joints and wheel bearings in the front...
  9. backwoods

Some basic audio tips

When it comes to audio, home or car, I've had quite a bit of experience. Over the years, I've competed in DB drag and SQ competitions with different vehicles. I build/sell custom home speakers and even entire home theaters (including the room). Here are some simple tips/tricks and bits of...
  10. backwoods

Concealed Carry Pistol Thread

I really wanted to pick up a FN57 but since you cannot (at least at the time) buy brass for it, I decided against it. The cartridge has a much higher performance ceiling than the factory loads provide.
  11. backwoods

Concealed Carry Pistol Thread

Cheap remedy for sites is nail polish. You can find "glow in the dark" flourescent nail polish at the store and just dab it on your fixed sites. Sure, it is not perfect, but it helps a lot and easily removable. Love to use it on shotgun beads. I've even gotten comments on it while out shooting...
  12. backwoods

Reloading at Home

I'm yet to find a reliable progressive press. IMHO, don't spend the money. As far as finding equipment, just ask around. You'll find someone with an old press around and cups to get you started. Only other thing you need is a bullet puller. Cause when your tired, your gonna screw up a few...
  13. backwoods

Favorite guns to shoot?

Any of you guys reload? I really enjoy trying different loads at the range and finding what works best.
  14. backwoods

Size of axle drop bracket?

Here is a picture of the drop bracket on the front of my 94 SC ranger. It appears the axle pivot points are sitting too low. The axles are headed at an upwards angle to the hubs. Do I need to just raise the coils (longer springs and/or spacers) till I get the pivot points above the hubs to...
  15. backwoods

1994 Ranger Questions

Just bought a 4wd 4L Ranger. Got a handful of issues but the body/frame is solid. (paid $800) I've always been a muscle car guy (got a '67 mustang :D), helped build a few wranglers (had one myself). I'm not too shabby with a wrench and a grinder, but I leave the welding to friends. Here is my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad