• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. How do I replace the valve spring?

Got my truck back from the shop, found out I have a valve spring broken on cylinder 5. I got the valve cover off and removed the rocker arms, but now I'm not sure how to get the spring off. I've heard it can be done with the head still on if I can keep the valve up, but I don't know how to...
  2. Which pcm is better?

I have a 1991 ranger STX 4.0l 5 speed pcm, and a 92 explorer sport 5 speed pcm. I haven't been able to find anything online as to whether there are differences, but does one have a 'sportier' or better calibration than the other? I don't know if the STX and sport designations made any difference...
  3. What shorted out?!?!

My truck is running rough at idle and under acceleration. It seems like a misfire, a timing issue, or maybe even a cylinder not firing. After checking and double checking everything I noticed my blinkers wouldn't blink either but were only lighting up solid. I found a loose ground, I believe its...
  4. Intake Manifold Gasket Change ?'s

I got my truck finally running well last week after my engine swap. I was on a cruise for 5 days and just came back today to a surprise. When I started my truck it sounds like its missing, the exhaust is almost pulsating, and the engine is a shaking mess. It sounds like the valves are all...
  5. Which MAF part number do I need?

My ranger has a 92 explorer 4.0, but a 91 ranger 4.0 pcm. I am getting a MAF voltage low code, and after checking it, the output voltage signal seems wrong, so I'm going to replace it. I would assume then that I need 91 ranger MAF, is this correct? When I called autozone they said there's 4...
  6. Which PCM do I need?

I have a Ranger that I just swapped a 1992 4.0 explorer engine into. I used a 1994 ranger 4.0 engine wiring harness, power management harness, and pcm. The truck runs, and actually runs pretty well, but the check engine light was on. I ran codes, and the codes are 15- KAM power interruption/...
  7. Check engine light and fluctuating gauges

I just finished my 94 ranger swap. I have a 94 ranger with a 92 explorer 4.0, and the entire under hood wiring and ECM from a donor 94 ranger with the 4.0 stock. So all wiring was plug and play and nothing was spliced. The truck runs fairly well but has a slightly rough idle and a check engine...
  8. 2.3 to 4.0 wiring issues and questions

I am doing a swap on my 94 ranger. It came with the 2.3 dual ignition and a manual trans. I am installed a 93 explorer 4.0 ohv and a 92 ranger manual trans. The wiring between the explorer and ranger are similar but slightly different. I have what I would call the "power distribution" portion of...
  9. 4.0 engine out... rear seal? trans mount bolts, and a few other ?'s

I'm new to this forum. I was a member at a few other ranger forums but the lack of knowledge and activity on most of the others was disappointing to say the least. There is a lot of knowledge and useful info on this site so I think I'm in the right place. I'm doing a swap from a 2.3 to a 4.0...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad