• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4WD/Clutch issue..97 X Cab 4.0

Hey guys,ive searched and looked and i cant find any help for the issue im having with my truck. Ill start by giving the info of the truck. 97 X Cab 4.0 5spd 4WD 6" Rough Country Lift with 33x12.50s,3.73 gears with welded front rear,new clutch 1 month ago.Also has warn hubs. Anyways,i am having...
  2. gearing question for lifted ranger

I just bought a 97 Ranger Ext Cab 4WD 5spd 4.0 Lifted 6" with 33s on it. It currently has the stock 3.73 gearing on it,and its terrible IMHO. What gearing should i be running? I need better gas mileage out of it and a little more power to climb the hills around where i live. I was thinking 4.10s...
  3. 93 Ranger X Cab 4.0 4WD 5spd fuel capacity questions

So ive had my ranger for about 3 months now and i absolutely love the truck.Ive put alot of work into the truck and im going to keep improving it until its perfect in my eyes. But onto my questions...i have been told my truck is a 21 gallon tank and its a 20 or a 19.6 gallon tank. Currently i...
  4. 93 4L 4x4 Weird Cooling Issues

hey guys, I've already tried to search up as much as i could on this but I can't find the info I'm looking for so any help is appreciated. First off, the truck is a 93 Ranger X Cab 4.0 5spd 4WD.The truck has 92k on the odo but the title says its exempt so I'm not sure of the correct mileage...
  5. 93 X Cab 4.0 5spd mileage woes

Truck is a 1993 Ranger Ext Cab 4.0 4WD 5spd with a 21 gallon tank,3 inch body lift running 235/75/15s,axle code is R6 IIRC. Just picked this truck about a month ago. When i purchased the truck it was getting 12mpg and had a HORRIBLE misfire..it literally ran like it was running on 5 cylinders...
  6. 93 4.0 alternator upgrade(already searched)

Trying to upgrade the alternator in my 93 4L Ext Cab 4x4 5spd. My truck has power locks,windows,good headunit and speakers. I have searched and have not found the answer im looking for, i need to know what year explorer to get the 130 amp alternator from that is a direct swap(bolting up wise &...
  7. 93 X-Cab 4x4 5spd Shifter hits console?

93 Ranger X Cab 4x4 5spd, i cant have a drink in either cup holder and shift. Is there a different console i can use to give me enough room to have drinks in my cup holder?
  8. 93 Ranger 4,0 Losing Coolant no leaks?

Just picked up my 93 Ranger 4.0 4WD 5spd on saturday,had a very bad misfire which made me think it had cracked heads because its using alot of coolant. Well it turned out to be bad plugs,so i changed the plugs and the misfire is gone. Now the problem is that it is using a lot of coolant.I put a...
  9. 93 Ranger 4.0 Misfire Issue

Just picked up a 93 X Cab 5spd 4.0 4WD. Truck was "described" as running good. Picked up the truck and noticed when i hear it at idle it has a miss..at first im thinking plugs and wires,so i checked them they were gapped good and all of them were clean...wires good too.I also noticed that the...
  10. Fuel Gauge issues

Just picked up a 93 Ranger X Cab 4wd 5spd 4.0 According to the P.O the gas gauge used to work and now it works incorrectly. the gauge pretty much just floats around. Any ideas what would cause this? Ive done some research and ive heard the floats in the tank sink to the bottom of the tank and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad