• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What mounts are the easiest

Benny I responded in a previous post earlier that I am using the James Duff heavy duty mounts....they are VERY well built, with poly busings etc...could not be built any better in my opinion. However the instructions on where to drill your new holes into the crossmember are terrible and I simply...
  2. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

Ron, can i ask what you do for a living??? Heh, holy s#it man, you know a lot....I lost my connections when I moved back from FL (FORD COUNTRY)....now in upstate NY...75% GM guys....and no help. Always has greatly interested me in the demographics of brand preferences. I mean, in TX they sell...
  3. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

I am running Royal Purple power steering fluid and i bled the shit out of the pump...idk if that would make a difference in noise or if you already did this? I was at WITS END with multiple POS Ford pumps that would NEVER quiet down, no matter what i did. It was futile...i guess that is...
  4. Ford ranger 5.0 swap

Benny, Angie is spot on. My 88 is 4wd amd used the James Duff heavy duty mounts for HP purposes (made me feel better about it I guess)...BUT...the spot i had my engine builder weld a bung into the oil pan (the Ford "Performance" dual sump pan comes with a dipstick but no dipstick hole lol) there...
  5. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

Ron, impressive explanation on high/low pressure pumps...idk why but i only got the 1st paragraph on that lenghthy response you posted. Refreshed and the rest showed up. What would your recommendation be??? I am taking into account everyone elses responses, I dont want to sound like their...
  6. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

Ron, ok..i misread...why would the connectors be larger than the supply? Its kind of like this other idea I have had...why would they offer a -6AN to -8AN fitting (my initial thoughts on "rectifying" the possible return line too-small issue, just increase line size to the same diameter as an...
  7. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

I did check for kinks or bends that would inhibit flow...the return line simply runs out of the bottom of the regulator (-6AN fitting/ Ford pushlock adapter...the 5/16 nylon fuel line pressed onto that. (Well, pounded on with rubber mallet and a homemade wooden "vice" placed within my shop vice...
  8. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

At this point I think I will just call Holley AGAIN (first 2 times, complete @ssholes...in reference to my MSD tach adapter wiring I had to figure out myself bc they were so incompetent....you wouldnt believe the attitudes...probably just disgruntled chevy guys idk)
  9. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

Hi Ron....is there something I am missing??? A 5/16 return line is smaller than a 3/8 supply line. In this case, Im guessing I just have the wrong regulator, them, correct??? I do appreciate the enlightenment. I dont pretend to know what I am doing all of the time. In fact, ai curse myself a lot.
  10. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

.....It was easy, they said. 😂
  11. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

Floored, I dont know 100%? When i mentioned the issue to my ol man one of the first things he asked was if the return line was too small. His thought is that if the return line is too small, the regulator can only control the PSI so much as the return line itself builds up pressure and cannot...
  12. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

Angie, i am liking this idea, thanks for sending that link. Plenty affordable too....truck will only be used for fun, i.e.cruising and blasting around town. Rusty...yes it has a return that is 1 size smaller than the supply (-8AN to 6-AN).... 85 Ranger...I am running an AGR Superpump (old...
  13. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

Oh, i forgot...I need to check on a mechanical as you recommended
  14. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

Well, that would be my luck....i originally purchased it BASED on a customer review on Summit that said they were told they 845 is what he needed for the high pressure system after initially purchasing the wrong regulator. Its also interesting that the IN/OUT connections are -8AN but the return...
  15. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

85 that does make sense since the low preasure is feeding the high pressure, besides the canister/reservoir in between the 2...would that be deleted as well?
  16. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

Thanks for the replies...if it doesnt keep up, would you recommend replacing the in-tank pump with something rated with a higher flow or get rid of it altogether and mount an aftermarket pump in place of the high pressure pump along the frame rail?
  17. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

Hey fellas, i did get my 363 stroker running (88 that was a 2.9L)....new in tank (low pressure unit), new rail mounted high psi pump....that all comes to a head at a Holley 12-845 fuel pressure regulator. Unfortunately, it will only bring the pressure down to around 10ish PSI...the Quick Fuel...
  18. 2G to 3G confusion.....

4x4 thanks a ton for your response! I will look into this as soon as i get home and let you know. Yeah, i cant believe there are spade connectors that attached to WHAT....there are no underhood fuses by the way...all i have is the little fuse panel under the steering wheel heh
  19. 2G to 3G confusion.....

Ok, so just checked my 1988 Ford shop manual and Ford Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual and neither is of any help. Would anyone be willing to just look where the alternator harness goes to from the alternator and take a pic? Many thanks in advance!!!
  20. 2G to 3G confusion.....

No one has any idea where these spade connectors attach to? Idk what to do, im at a standstill.....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad