• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Str8sixfan

Toyo mt vs good year wrangler mt vs mikey Baja mtr

Looking for mileage testimonials. Have had plenty of friends run toyo open country m/ts and get around 40k out of them. But they're pricey. I see a lot of guys on here with the Goodyear wrangler mts and I think I've seen similar mileage reports. What about the mikey Thompson Baja mtr? Anyone...
  2. Str8sixfan

PO171 code

I've had this one before. Not sure I ever took care of it. It's 'Left Bank Lean' which would make sense on a v6. I tracked down on the interwebs that it was the pre-cat O2 sensor, but I think I had a different problem because that fixed the issue for like 2 weeks and the CEL was back on...
  3. Str8sixfan

paceserrer header

Anyone get one of these to work on the later years? I want to say they list them as working only up to the 1991 model. I have a 97 and am redoing my exhaust soon.
  4. Str8sixfan

just another bad mpg thread

So here's what I've done to the truck in the last almost 2 years. Mileage started dropping when a check engine light came on in August of 2011. Right before that I was getting 23.5mpg fairly consistently highway miles. Pulled the PO171 code, ended up replacing the pre-cat O2 sensor. Took care...
  5. Str8sixfan

Another dash light q

It would appear to me there are like 3 banks of lights on my 97 ranger. The middle has gone out, which takes out most of the speedometer. So would it be a light, or do those almost never go out? Does a fuse take care of that type of thing?
  6. Str8sixfan

D30 lower link tabs

When the guy I got my axle from took the axle out, I don't know if he robbed the link tabs for his new axle set-up or if he just couldn't get the arms out easily due to rust. Either way he plasma'd or torched off the tabs from the axle tube. It's my understanding these links actually angle...
  7. Str8sixfan

Dana 30 set-up bearings

Bought a set of G2 gears with a master install kit. The guy helping me with the install (essentially doing it for free for me), requested I at least hook him up with a pinion-set-up bearing. At eastcoastgearsupply.com they only sell the carrier set-up-bearings. Did a google search and am...
  8. Str8sixfan

looking for criticism, welding

http://www.olderfseries.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7323 Reference the other thread I started elsewhere, but I just started goofing around with my welder, and I will take any advice I can get
  9. Str8sixfan

Dana 30 Qs

I bought what was supposed to be a 3.73+ carrier for my 4.56s off of craigslist, but next to the old carrier, I can't tell a difference between the two (other than the old one was covered in oil, new one was clean). How can I visually tell the difference between the two? I'm worried I was...
  10. Str8sixfan

Anyone do the O'Reiley's gift card for recycled oil offer?

On April 30th I was due for an oil change. So to keep the costs of my SAS down I decided to buy against the brand I usually put in my truck and spend a little more than I normally would to get the Valvoline oil that uses recycled oil some how. Anyway O'Reiley's was doing a special that if you...
  11. Str8sixfan

once a trac-loc always a trac-loc?

I was curious if I sourced a junkyard ranger 8.8 already equipped with say a 3.55 trac-loc rear end, could I buy new gears for it to match what I want (4.56 or 4.88) and still keep the trac-loc aspect of it, or would I have to buy a whole new limited slip pack for the new gears?
  12. Str8sixfan

Str8sixfan's painfully slow 2wd to 4wd SAS project

Here's a photo diary of how I got to where I'm at today: January I took delivery of a D30 from a 92 XJ for free: In March, I had a rough back to back 60hr work weeks, so I bought another piece to the puzzle to help me feel like there was more to life than work: So then to make that piece...
  13. Str8sixfan

How I fund my project

So, I try to act like Chip Foose from time to time and help other owners envision their projects on paper. What I mean is, I like to take peoples vehicle's + dreams and render them. The fine gracious moderators on this fine site are letting me advertise my services as a trial run for a deal...
  14. Str8sixfan

Let's see your half doors

Just curious how many out there have tube doors or hacked up doors with skins for the trails?
  15. Str8sixfan

those who post pics in threads

I know how to do it. But do most of you have photobucket or cardomain sites that you are hosting them on? I'm going to start a build thread for my SAS so I'm not just that guy talkin about it all the time, and I want to put pics in my thread. Question to you is, which one (or are both) free...
  16. Str8sixfan

pics of 285/75/R16s on 97 and older

wanting to move up to 16s when I do my SAS
  17. Str8sixfan

ATTN: guys running xj coils

Anyone out there running the 4.5" lift coils? Seems all the pictures I've seen are guys using 6.5" lift coils. I have a free hook-up on 4.5" coils for my SAS but am debating whether or not that will be enough for me. I'm going to run like a 33" tire so I think it can work, but I haven't seen...
  18. Str8sixfan

D30 brake upgrade options

I'm starting a SAS project (well at least accumulating parts) in which I already have a D30 secured from a 90s XJ. The end goal is a 4 wheel disk operation when I can secure a explorer 8.8. With that being said, I kind of want to know what brake upgrades I can throw on a D30. Anyone know of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad