• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. richard booth

Uh oh? Part on drain plug magnet.

Thank you!
  2. richard booth

No, I have not. Just running fine so going with something that flew into the motor during the build. Thanks a LOT for taking the time to measure all the parts for me. I looked at and measured a tensioner I had and no matching part. Maybe the oil level sensor came apart? But no other anything in...
  3. richard booth

88 Bronco leak & wet floors

Sometimes the point where the cab rubs the front where it meets the cowl develops a leak, I had this problem and after pulling passenger fender, and blowing all the ancient dirt and debris I treated visible rust in the seam between the cab and cowl with rust reformer, painted it, then parked it...
  4. richard booth

Bronco won't stay alive

I've had similar problem that ended up being a bad enertia switch, would die after driving a short ways, found there must have been a leak from the windshield that corroded the switch under the front carpet passenger side.
  5. richard booth

Are bronco 2 really prone to flipping easily?

I love both of mine. If you turn a wrench they're fairly easy to work on. I've seen nice ones here in Texas around $6000. You'll love the short wheel base in parking lots and off road.
  6. richard booth

Did forensics on the oil filter and nothing foreign.
  7. richard booth

I screen filtered the oil that came out of it and clear, no chunks or metal so looks like run it for now, thanks all for your input! Really a heart sinking thing to see a part on the magnet! Does anyone know how to tell if the chain tensioner is bad w a nearly new chain? W these aftermarket...
  8. richard booth

Thanks, an old timing tensioner broken to show hinge part? Only thing I can figure at this point. Thanks!
  9. richard booth

Thanks for your time, the pressure is good at idle, 38lbs warm and over 50 running, I have a digital gauge as well as the stock one. This motor is from a 1991 explorer, I added the comp cams stage 2 cam and odessa heads, headers etc. It sounds and runs great but this is a stressor as it only has...
  10. richard booth

I think I'll cut open the oil filter tomorrow and see if there is any evidence of the chain tensioner grenading? My best guess is what Uncle Gump said.
  11. richard booth

I am kinda nervous, first thought was timing chain tensioner piece, but don't think so, hopefully not something catastrophic.
  12. richard booth

Not that, I know those, just did a complete rebuild less than 4000k ago. Just can't figure out what it is yet? Thanks for your time.
  13. richard booth

Thanks for your time, I did a complete rebuild less than 4000k ago, has been running great, had purge canister and maf codes?
  14. richard booth

Went to change the oil on my 4.0 that has run a little off lately, stumbles but then fine and this part was stuck to the oil drain plug? Can't remember what it is, help?
  15. richard booth

Need help with tail gate handle.

Get an explorer latch handle, you just have to slightly open the holes and it works great. I tried to find the spring that failed on my b2 then found out about the explorer swap, works.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad