• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ranger44

Changing BW4405 T-Case to BW1354 E or M in 95' Explorer

As the title said I'm after info. I'm interested in swapping out my Borg and Warner 4405 to a 1354E or maybe a manual version. I've found 4405's in my area, but after finding the last two to be bad ( Major tail shaft play) I've given up on the junk. What I do know: -It will physically go in...
  2. Ranger44

Who here likes the AR platform?

Cause I'm a huge fan. Newest build.
  3. Ranger44

Opinions for exhaust on a 4.0 SOHC. What you got?

With nicer weather coming up, I'm looking into an exhaust for my 4.0 SOHC. It's an 03' extended cab Ranger. Basically I want it to be deep, a little throaty, and resonate a little in the cab. But not be overly loud to the point it will drive me nuts while driving down the interstate. It will...
  4. Ranger44

Newer 4L Rangers: Who has been plauged by the jerk, hiccup, miss when it rains/snows?

I have, and just really noticed it this winter. Only when it snows, whether I have 4x4 engaged or not. Mostly between 35-75mph. Bugs me to no end. Started looking around.......AND.......Found something interesting. There is a problem with 01-03' Rangers and sport tracs (may apply to other...
  5. Ranger44

Spark Plugs and wires on a SOHC 4L.

This is in request for simple basic maintenance guides by Jim. Here we go. It can be used as a guide for most engines, but specific to the SOHC 4.0. Submitted by: Ranger44 Difficulty: 6 out of 10. Spark plugs used and recommended by FORD: The driver's side is pretty much straight...
  6. Ranger44

All this for a thermostat and thermostat housing......it's a VW....

Car was losing coolant and owner complained of a leak. We could see the general area of which it was coming from, but needed a closer look. We basically told the owner....once we took everything off......it was getting fixed.... 03' VW Passat with a 2.8 v6. Our problem......a cracked...
  7. Ranger44

Ranger44's "White Lighting". 03' Ranger Mods.

Well, FAZDA was great, but things have turned for the better. Just picked up this 03' Ranger. I quickly dubbed thee white lighting. Just because this is a very "quick" truck. Mind you, I'm used to the 3L.......lol 4.0 SOHC 5r55e D35/8.8 4.10 gears Extended Cab Vinyl Floors 100K Great start for...
  8. Ranger44

TTB D35 locker fit an SLA D35?

Like the title asks......will a lock-rite from a TTB D35 fit a SLA D35? THanks, Ryan
  9. Ranger44

some help deciding how much my rig is worth........

Started out as a basic Mazda B3000, 5spd....4x4....etc, etc. It's transformed into a decent off-road/DD. Lights, grille guard, locker F&R, upgraded hubs, 5-760x joints, 4.10's, 2" lift, etc, etc...... Not to mention, there isn't a bolt I haven't touch on this truck, not a thing I haven't...
  10. Ranger44

In middle of TTB alignment with adjustable bushings: Need a little advice...

1996 TTB D35 axle on 1994 supercab with skyjacker 132x leveling coils. This what I've done so far: 1). Measure ride height, both between the frame and ground. 2). Stripped down to knuckles. 3). Set jackstands to vehicle ride height as if tires were on. 4). Installed MooG # K80109 Fully...
  11. Ranger44

Anybody a Auto mech or tech and make comission?

This is different to me....the new job offers a base pay and comission on all parts and labor i put through. 14%. That even includes tires. Just wanted to ask if anybody else is doing this at their job, how well it works, and if they like it. Seems pretty straight forward to me though. More...
  12. Ranger44

FAZDA gettin some! Then stuck!

Started as a nice day. Installing leveling coils....hey...then some fourwheeler riding......then I found a nice place to tool around in my truck..... The NICE times: Getting FAZDA dirty.....:D ALL in ALL.....a great day. BUT......then....what is...
  13. Ranger44

Attempting driveway alignment after 2" lift: any tips?

Using the tech library as a guide: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Alignment.html I've purchased the same magnetic protractor and have a tape measure. The slab I'll be working on is level for the most part, and I'm fairly confident in my ability to use these items to get it...
  14. Ranger44

New storage for my supercab! Forget those jump seats.

Decided to use the space behind the seats for a purpose. I'm workin on a wood shelving type of system. It'll have compartments at each end (in place of the jump seats) and in the middle have slots to store and hold between 4-5 ammo cans. These ammo cans will house recovery items, towing items...
  15. Ranger44

Anybody ever use ACC vinyl flooring or Carpet?

Looking at the ACC brand vinyl or carpet flooring for a replacement for my carpet. Anybody ever use it? Have pictures installed? Opinion? Thanks, Ryan
  16. Ranger44

Who listens to free beer and hot wings show?

I do, yeah, things get a little weird on there sometimes, but they always seem to pull a laugh or 2 out of me. More than I can say for alot of other shows. And they care and were gracious enough to host a charity dinner for this cause: Official description: Bodine has been with WQLZ for 14...
  17. Ranger44

Wanted: Use of Plasma Cutter in IL.

Located in Lincoln, IL. I need the use of a plasma cutter(or something of the sort) to cut some stuff out of 1/4", and 1/8" plate. If you live in central IL, and can get me to one, or even have one....let me know and we can work something out. Thanks, Ryan
  18. Ranger44

Substitute for Gear marking compound- What to use?

What's readily available for cheap to check a contact pattern on a R&P? Cheap and readily available being a key words. The pin holding the carrier pin on a D35 is froze, had a punch break off into the carrier, and fudged it up. I have a replacement carrier. I'm NOT wanting to take a chance on...
  19. Ranger44

Bronco Pitman arm vs. Ranger.

There is a Full-size Bronco in my local yard that looks to have a 4" lift. It's steering is flat, and looks to be a standard dropped pitman arm. I looked up a few applications, and the #'s cross between some brands, but not others. In a sense, I'm asking if that arm will work for me (3" lift)...
  20. Ranger44

Reinforcing D35 TTB Beams

I have some questions about where to reinforce the beams on a D35 TTB. I have an extra set of beams and will have the front-end apart, again......soon. I figured while I have everything apart, I may as well make a set of beams "better". I would be using my truck for trails, and a little fast...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad