• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. hrhoward

4.0 SOHC Overheated

Do these have a tendency to warp/crack the heads or block after overheating? About a month ago I was driving down the interstate to folk's house. About a 45 mile trip. Exited highway, started hearing an intermittent ticking noise at 4 miles from exit. Temperature gauge normal. Thought it was an...
  2. hrhoward

Lost oil pressure 4.0 SHOC

I lost oil pressure while driving a couple few days ago. Shut off engine within 30 seconds of seeing oil can light and hearing tapping. Dropped panel and found these pieces (photo) in rear of it. The smaller of the two pieces in the upper right was stuck in pickup tube past screen. These are...
  3. hrhoward

5R55E Buzz when cold

Hello, My transmission makes a buzzing, almost a cavitation, noise at start up in the mornings and after it has sat for a few hours. It seems to be worse when the ambient temperature is low (40's). The sound is temporarily muted as I move the shifter from P to R to D. This noise goes away...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad