• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. CurtisP87

2.9 B2 wont stay running

My B2 died on me back in February, and Ive just recently been able to start looking into the problem. It was getting 0 psi to the fuel rail, so I threw a new pump (the one on the frame) and a new filter at it. This didnt help, so I started looking around the pump relay and found a frayed wire...
  2. CurtisP87

who makes cat converters?

My fiance is doing a research paper for school about palladium, a rare metal with many applications, one of the most common being cat converters. She trying to track down some of the largest buyers of palladium, but running into a bit of a wall... Does anyone know where ford gets the cat...
  3. CurtisP87

hi lift mounts

What sort of creative ways are you guys mounting hi lifts to tube bumpers/roll bars?
  4. CurtisP87

my BII dropped all its oil...

I took the truck out for a drive today, got about a mile and half from my house and heard a weird hissing/gurgling sound from under the truck/behind the dash. I pulled into a gas station, parked and hopped out. Look under the truck, and its gushing oil, lots of it. All of it, to be precise...
  5. CurtisP87

'95 cougar no blinkers

Ive got a buddy with a 1995 mercury cougar, having some trouble with the blinkers that we're having a hard time diagnosing. None of the blinkers are working (all four corners), and also the signals on the dash aren't coming on. Checked all the fuses, all good. I'm leaning towards the switch on...
  6. CurtisP87

d35 inner wheel bearing

I'm having a real bear of a time getting the inner wheel bearing/oil seal (on inside of rotor assembly) to come off...anybody have any advice, or pics, for how to get this out...?
  7. CurtisP87

noob question

I just used some marking compound to check the ring and pinion in the new (to me) axles I got. The contact pattern looks great, so I'm about to get started putting them in. After the marking compound got around to the pinion, its now made its way all over the inside of the pumpkin....Do i need...
  8. CurtisP87

Wooooo!!!!!!!!!

I found someone on craigslist the other day who was parting out a built explorer. I picked up the entire 8.8 and the 35 third member, both with detroit lockers and 4.56 gears. A big step up from the 3.73s and open diffs I've got now! :headbang: Anybody have any advice about general...
  9. CurtisP87

Bii with roll-down rear window?

Has anyone seen or made for themselves a rear hatch with a motorized window? I'm curious if the opening/locking mechanism would even allow a window to be dropped into the hatch...any thoughts from the more fab-capable folks much appreciated! :icon_cheers:
  10. CurtisP87

T5 behind a 4.0?

Right now I've got a T5 behind my 2.9, with the advanced adapters parts. I've been thinking about a 4.0 swap, so I've been reading and researching as much on it as possible. The write up in the tech library states the adapter I've got now is only good for the 2.9, and AA doesn't offer anything...
  11. CurtisP87

throttle linkage compatibility

I'm looking into making a hand throttle on my gear shifter. The metal bracket that the throttle cable is mounted to has a second mounting spot next to the existing cable, I think for a cruise control cable. However, the linkage (don't know if that's the correct term, the little spring loaded...
  12. CurtisP87

Rattling exhaust brace

There's an exhaust brace/bracket/clamp type thing making a bunch of noise on my Bii...its just in front of the cat converter. Looks simimlar to a U clamp that would have two nuts on the ends, but it doesn't have said nuts...its connected to another little bar that goes into a small bushing sort...
  13. CurtisP87

Oregon, looking for mud!

Where's the mud at?! I live in portland, and am pretty familiar with the trails around TSF, we've had lots of fun there. I grew up in Arkansas, so the kind of wheelin I'm used to is less trails/crawling and more playin in big mud pits. I know the terrain is a little different here (bit of an...
  14. CurtisP87

dual t-case/crawl box

Id like to upgrade my transfer case for a better crawl ratio, but dont have the money to drop on an atlas case, and creating my own dual case seems a little over my head...Are there any other options for upgrading the bw1350, or any companies making a "crawl box" like you see for other...
  15. CurtisP87

Shift Boot

I recently pulled my shift boot out so I could put truckbed liner down in the bronco tub, and noticed the gasket was starting to wear down and the boot wasnt sealing to the floor pan properly. Ive called around stores and dealers in the Portland area and it seems the OEM boot is out of...
  16. CurtisP87

ford 8.8 differential cover

I need to replace the fluid in my rear diff, but have never changed fluid in an axle without a drainplug. When I remove the 8 or 10 bolts (on the rear of the differential) and take the cover off, is there a drain plug under the cover, or is the cover itself whats holding the fluid in...? If the...
  17. CurtisP87

Onboard air questions....

Ive been doing some reading for the past few days trying to figure out how to build my OBA, and Im still confused about certain points. I get the general idea, but Im still uncertain about some of the plumbing/wiring design. I know there needs to be some sort of pressure shut-off, to stop the...
  18. CurtisP87

A/C compressor

I want to build an on-board air system in my 87 BII, but to begin i need to change out my A/C compressor since the previous owner told me when i bought it that the compressor hasnt worked in years (we live in oregon, AC isnt really a priority). So I went to my haynes manual to see what it would...
  19. CurtisP87

B2 regearing

Ive got an 87 B2 with the NP205 Transfer case, D35/8.8....I want to put some lower gears in it, but im not exactly sure where to start...Since the axles were both donated from an exploder, do i need to get a ring and pinion set for an exploder also? Will i need to piece-meal a set with parts...
  20. CurtisP87

87 B2 2.9 efi, misfires, lags with throttle

I'm having some problems with my bronco, and cant for the life of me figure out whats going on...When i turn the key it fires right up, no problems, every time. When idling its obvious that its missing on a cylinder or two. As soon as i touch the throttle, the rpms drop, motor begins shaking...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad