• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 88 Ranger STX 4x4 wheel center cap question

Does anyone know what determined if the aluminum wheel's center caps had the red center disk or the black center disk? (Rear wheels only, since fronts has lockouts with no center disk needed on those.) Was it related to exterior color, or model, or perhaps year? Thanks in advance for any...
  2. 1988 2.9L crank no start, no spark at coil.

Toskin, I had a similar problem with my electrical... As Franklin2 mentioned in his excellent reply on grounding connections and the foil wrap, there is a single small gauge wire connected at the negative battery terminal. This single wire has another connector before it disappears into the...
  3. 1988 2.9l Trouble Starting and staying running

I doubt a new filter would be plugged, but can you check the flow from the high pressure pump's outlet using a length of fuel line hose into a catch can? Be careful !
  4. 2.9L timing help

Hi Bootz, This may be a dumb question, but when you replaced dist cap and/or plug wires is it possible you put the wires on the cap in the wrong rotation? You may have the firing order correct, but maybe put them on the cap in the wrong rotation. (I'm embarrassed to suggest this, but my 2.9...
  5. GT/STX light switches

MNEWMAN, Yep, those are the switches that are in our 88 STX. One for the grill bar lights, the other for the "roll bar" lights.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad