• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fuel pump circuit

I'm working on an 87e350 cutaway chassis and am having trouble tracing the fuel pump circuit. I have power through the inertia switch, but no trigger voltage to the fuel pump relay. When I hot wire the relay it triggers and the fuel pump runs. I can't find a fuse anywhere. It's a 460 with a...
  2. anyone need an explorer for parts?

my kids GF got a new car and wants me to get rid of her 94 explorer limited. I know the trans is on its way out, and it is sucking oil into the intake. im in NW Washington state. pm me for details
  3. 4.0 swap wont crank over

I swapped a 4.0/m5od into my 84 BII using a complete explorer wiring harness, from headlights to tail lights, including the dash. the engine and wiring came from a 91 with an auto trans. the ecu and its harness came from a 91 with m5od. the problem im having is the engine wont crank over(starter...
  4. ranger door wiring question

ok, im still working on my 4.0 swap into my BII. I have ALL of the wiring and dash from a 91 explorer installed. my question is will the wiring from a ranger door plug in to the explorer harness? I have 89 BII XLT doors, and one plug is the same, but not the other. anyone ever tried this?
  5. 2.8 headers on a 4.0?

I found a brand new set of 2.8 headers for a ranger at a thrift shop of all places! they are cyclone alumacoat and say they are for a ranger 2.8. are they different between 2wd and 4wd? and will they fit a 4.0? im still working on my BII 4.0 swap and figure this is the perfect time to install...
  6. flywheel/crankshaft problem

dropped the 4.0 into the B II last night, now trying to get the trans in. went to put the flywheel on, and the bolts are too short. I have the bolts from the donor for the trans, but they are too short. I looked at the crank from the trans donor, and it has threads all the way to the flange...
  7. dual T-case in a B II

im in the process of building my B II and have been wanting to do a dual T-case, but im concerned about the rear driveshaft. its already short, and im swapping to an 8.8, which is gonna shorten it more. add 3" of suspension lift and the angle will get pretty severe. i was wondering what OP are...
  8. how does this come off?

i have a 91 4.0 im getting ready for my BII and cant figure out how to get the wire off the D/S of the oil pan! ive tried pulling and prying, but i dont want to break anything. i pull it and it feels like a spring inside, moves about 1/8 inch. any ideas short of cutting the wire?
  9. clutch line issue

ok, when i bought my explorer donor rig the clutch didnt release. the P O said it was a new clutch, but needed a master cyl. after checking it out, i found it was leaking fluid where the line goes into the master. took the line off, and the o-ring is shot. here is my problem, no one in my area...
  10. problem in light circuit

im doing a 4.0 swap in my B II, including the dash and wiring from a 91 explorer. got the dash in, and the engine bay/headlight harness. powered the system and when i turn on the lights i have a heavy draw. i have no bulbs in any of the sockets, and just using test leads to power things. when i...
  11. 1984 B II parts

starting my 4.0/m5od/d35/8.8 swap today! if anyone needs any of the original stuff, PM me. i will sell cheap or free to members, you pay for shipping though. i hope i can help a fellow TRS member!
  12. 4.0 cracked head

ok, im finally going to do the 4.0 swap on my 84 B II. the question i have is regarding a cracked head. it has a crack between the valves, and i need to know if its going into the water jacket. i need the rig in 2 weeks, and i cant find a used head and cant afford new ones yet. im going on a...
  13. need u-joints?

i bought 3 u-joints, 436, and they are the wrong ones for my d-35. i got them for $10 each, and will sell them for the same. PM me if interested. they are new, in the box. the brand is precision
  14. 4.0 replacement heads

found these on e-bay while trrying to find a replacement for a cracked 4.0 head http://www.ebay.com/itm/360451427711?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648 hope the link works, if not, copy and paste i hope this helps someone else too! i just need to get the money together, then im...
  15. 4.0 head swap

pulled the heads on my 4.0 that im putting in my BII and one is cracked. i read through the tech articles, and the "how to rebuild" article talks about the 95-97 fast burn heads. my engine, wiring, and computer are 91, but id like to raise the compression and the hears seem to have a smaller...
  16. confusion regarding 4.0 swap into BII

i have an 84 BII, 2.8 5-speed, and have been researching the 4.0 swap. i bought a 91 explorer w/5-speed for my donor ($200 !) ive read all the posts regarding this swap that i can find. here is where i got confused, DieHardFord says i can do it without swapping the dash, all others say i have to...
  17. BII 4.0/5-speed conversion

im getting ready to swap in a 4.0/5 speed from an explorer into my 84 BII and havent been able to find any info on the t-case. can i use my original t-case? i really dont like the idea of electric shift. or is it neccesary to use the explorer case for sensors and speedo? any help is greatly...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad