• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Jim2

2.5 Stalls after warming up

fwiw... a remanufactured MAF sensor fixed it right up. She purrs now. No more stalling.
  2. Jim2

ABS sensor cable is cut

Thanks for posting this. (y) I have to do the front pads, and the ABS light is on right now on mine. I'll definitely look close at that stuff.
  3. Jim2

Losing coolant, not burning

Thank you! Knowing what it's called made it easy to find. (y) While I'm waiting for the part to come in; can I just connect the two hoses (on the right) together, and bypass the whole thing for now? ...I'm not sure what effect that will have on the other hose that runs over to the intake.
  4. Jim2

In this pic, there's that broken vacuum line.. On the coolant hose that goes to the heater core, the "T" is leaking... It's pissin on the wires below, but I don't know what that part is... it's mounted to the exhaust manifold, and it's loose.... it rattles around... Anyone know of a good...
  5. Jim2

I stopped by the store and got the codes read today, and it was only P0102... (MAF low voltage) The tape was removed at that point, and she still ran the same... One other thing, the check engine light doesn't work... It doesn't come on at start-up.
  6. Jim2

Well, I bought it... Just as described, she stalls once warm. Always fires right back up though, so that's good. I found a broken vacuum line, and there's a youtube vid about it already. It operates the vent for "Max AC"... Apparently that line is known to break, I saw other stories about it...
  7. Jim2

Hi all, I haven't been around for a while but it looks like I'm gonna get another Ranger... I'm told it runs strong, but it tries to stall at at red-lights after warming up. (Manual trans). The IAC is suspected, but I'm wondering if there are any vacuum lines that are hard to find on this...
  8. Jim2

Torque converter installation question

1999 Ranger, 3.0, 2WD, 4R44E trans. I'm replacing the engine because it was seized.. so we had to remove the old engine with the torque converter still attached to it. In the process, it looks like the output shaft [?] pulled out of the trans a little. We tried several times to put the Torque...
  9. Jim2

Rolled it..

I went out to the track last weekend... truck was running pretty good too.. but I never did get around to lowering the rear end ... So anyways, we came around a bend a little too fast. We were about to make a pass, but then.. bang. We didn't get hurt at all, except for a small scape on the...
  10. Jim2

87/88 Throttle body comparison (pics)

From the outside, they're the same. Inside, the 87 has a thinner wall.. from the back... 58 mm - 50 mm
  11. Jim2

Compression specs, what's the acceptable range?

I just checked mine, and it looks like I have a couple cylinders that are out of the 10% range.. the highest was 178, but one was 149, and one was 153. * I forgot to open the throttle when I did the test * (but had the engine at 180-195 degrees throughout the testing.) My truck has no power...
  12. Jim2

How to identify pre-88 intake?

I saw that it's supposed to measure 58mm, but where is that measurement taken? I'm asking because I have an 88, but I'm not sure what all was done before I got it... I saw an 87 intake and, without measuring, it "looks" the same as mine. :icon_confused: I have a slight hesitation when coming...
  13. Jim2

Alignment of a TTB..

I know most people will say to just go to a shop, but that's not gonna happen. I got T-boned at the track last weekend, and the right support arm is bent at the top where the camber adjustment bushing is. So I removed the bushing and turned it around.. got most of the camber back, but the...
  14. Jim2

A miss @ idle

My truck hesitates when I punch it @ idle... it's just for a split second, and then she revs clean to the top end after that. Also, it backfires once every time I let off the gas for the corners (from redline). This truck is only for the track, so I don't care about MPG at all. The track out...
  15. Jim2

Messed with the ignition- lost fuel pressure.

Hi all... I see there's already a thread about fuel pressure, but this is a different situation.. I installed a kill switch, and then lost fuel pressure at the rail At first, I used a jumper wire to connect the yellow and red/green wires in the plug. It ran like that.. [here's the schematic I...
  16. Jim2

How do I test the Engine Control Module?

I have an extra one, and I want to sell it.. if it's good. These things bring good money on eBay... http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-FORD-RANGER-4X4-2-9L-MT-ECU-COMPUTER-E8TF-12A650-P1A-/350473766758?item=350473766758&vxp=mtr#ht_1028wt_933 I guess I could just plug it in and see if the truck...
  17. Jim2

a strange problem

I just finished replacing the cracked heads (2.9L), and was moving it around the yard at low speed. The engine is fine, but it seemed like one of the brakes was sticking. As I was backing up, she ground to a halt. ... so I revved it a little and slipped the clutch. at first, the rear passenger...
  18. Jim2

Valve adjustment.. no locknuts??

I'm sorry to post this here, but I have a slim chance of getting this Ranger ready for the races tomorrow... 27 hours to go, and I still have a lot to do. I just changed the heads. I followed the instructions I found on this forum, and they worked great. Then I got to re-installing the rocker...
  19. Jim2

what other cars/trucks make good donors?

I just got word from the shop.. and the heads from my 88 2.9 are cracked. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a list of all the different vehicles that have an engine that will drop right in without too many mods/parts. I might have to start calling junkyards because I don't have...
  20. Jim2

Great site!

Hi all, my name's Jim. I just picked up an 88 Ranger... 2.9, 4WD.. this baby's goin to the track! :D It's been sitting in impound for about a year, has a blown head, and it would be too expensive to get it back on the road. I got it cheap.. It looks like the previous owner was trying to build...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad