• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. flyingbrick

need some input on building my rockcrawler

You'll ride the clutch a little more but it's doable.
  2. flyingbrick

need some input on building my rockcrawler

If your gentle a D30 can handle 33s, if you drive like a old lady on her way to church it can handle up to 37s. and a d30 can only be geared to 4.88
  3. flyingbrick

Why so much bass?

First and foremost I don't want this to turn into an argument, or a measuring contest! I have never personally felt a need for more then a single 15" in a sealed box(in the trunk of a car), in my truck I'm running either a single 12" or single 8" both sealed, depending on season. So I want to...
  4. flyingbrick

Diesel Powered Ranger

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-SUVs-trucks-vans-pickup-trucks-1997-Ford-Ranger-powered-by-a-2002-VW-1-9L-Turbo-Diesel-W0QQAdIdZ145697482 And just in case the add is removed. Thats right, all you delivery guys. This is the cats meow. A ranger powered by a VW TDI. It still uses the...
  5. flyingbrick

Can we sticky this? What do I have Coils or Torsion?

**FOR 1998-2009 RANGER/B-SERIES** To help determine, turn your steering wheel till it stops to the LEFT. Coil Spring suspension looks like this. Torsion Bar suspension looks like this.
  6. flyingbrick

fliping shackles

The shackles direction does NOT matter.
  7. flyingbrick

fliping shackles

Yeah the shackles direction does not matter.
  8. flyingbrick

fliping shackles

When you flip your hanger you’re grinding the rivets off the MOUNT and flipping it, the shackle does not matter what direction it is facing.
  9. flyingbrick

Front springs

Yeah I'd like to see some pictures of this setup.
  10. flyingbrick

Frame Specs

Someone on a different forum wanted frame specs for a Ranger so I scanned my copy of 2006 ranger FMS, and thought I should post it here too if anyone else wanted it. I know there not the straightest scans, but if asked nicely I can re do them.
  11. flyingbrick

Bagging an '08 4x4?

Flip your rear hangers for about 2". http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/Dec%2005/tech.htm
  12. flyingbrick

Let's see what's out there....

If i had to guess I'd say tinted Plexi thats cut just right.
  13. flyingbrick

Fog light switch pin-out?

Does anyone know the pin-out on 98+ ranger OE fog lights? I have one and can not figure it out.
  14. flyingbrick

87 ranger Problem areas ?

Tomorrow night I am going to look at an 87 ranger, regular cab short bed 5 speed, I think it has a 4cyl, seller clams it needs a tune up, he also clams it only has 82000KM (which I find hard to believe for an 87), and asking $1500. So my question is what are the main problem areas on these...
  15. flyingbrick

Bent Shifter

Has anyone successfully bent or pulled back the shifter in a ranger? I am tired of punching the dash well grabbing first, i was thinking about doing a pie cut and welding the shifter but it seems to be filled with some kind of rubberized tar.
  16. flyingbrick

Bent Shifter

Has anyone successfully bent or pulled back the shifter in a ranger? I am tired of punching the dash well grabbing first, i was thinking about doing a pie cut and welding the shifter but it seems to be filled with some kind of rubberized tar. Edit; Modds pleas delete i was talking to someone...
  17. flyingbrick

Different headunit adapter

I was at one of the local junk yards and I found a cup-holder/ coin-holder out of a94 Taurus and since it is a single DIN size and my headunit is single DIN size I picked it up. I got it to work but required a fair amount of cutting so this in not a mod for the faint of hart about there Rangers...
  18. flyingbrick

Air Baggin '98

That is an OLD trick we used to do to farm trucks if we broke a spring and we never had a problem with it, but thinking back on that yeah we should have done something better, mind you we did this to 1/2 and 3/4 tone ''yard'' trucks. So then all apologies for saying it but i have seen it done...
  19. flyingbrick

Air Baggin '98

I don't know about premed, but i know you can do it on the cheap using air springs from 18 wheelers, in the rear and cutting your leaf springs just behind the axle with enough left to mount the springs and then a track bar. For the front I'm sure you could find an air spring that will fit.
  20. flyingbrick

Sunroofs

Hey i am thinking about getting a sunroof for my 03 ext cab ranger, so does anyone have pics of there sunroofs OE or aftermarket? and if aftermarket what brand did you get and how hard was it to install?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad