• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Seriously considering throwing in the towel on Ranger V8 project

Sigh, I hate to say it, but Im seriously considering throwing in the towel on my 95 Ranger Super Cab V8. I originally bought it 4 years ago as a non running basket case that already had the conversion done, but the guy couldnt get the butchered harness figured out and wanted to move on. I've...
  2. Pulling my hair out. Need tech help on water pump/timing chain cover ASAP

Ok, so my baby is a 95 Ext Cab with a 302. I bought it from another guy that gave up on it, with the 302 conversion already done. I brought it back to life and have been working on it here and there as I've had extra money for the last couple years. The seller told me it was a Mustang 302...
  3. Ford AOD trans not sending speedo signal

Hey guys, been a member for YEARS now, but lots of life events over the last several years kept me off the board. Anyway, Im back to wrenching on my 94 1/2 Ranger Super cab 2whl drive with a 302 Conversion ( rescued a project someone else walked away from) Its got a rebuilt AOD upgraded to...
  4. Need question answered about 94/95 Ranger steering wheel ASAP

Hey guys, I have an appointment coming up a week from Saturday to get the door and ignition lock cylinders changed out, the drivers side door cylinder has never worked and the ignition cylinder is so sloppy its not even funny. Anyway, when the guy told me he had to pull the steering...
  5. 1994 Project Overkill 400hp 302 built AOD 6 plus years chasing this

This was a NON running, blown trans project that someone else had given up on when I bought it for 1200 this April and immediately set about bringing it back to life after 6 plus years, a nasty divorce, an even nastier custody battle ( I WON) , a bad broken leg accident requiring 3 surgeries and...
  6. Anyone near San Antonio ??

Just moved to the San Antonio area from South Jersey over the Summer. Trying to plug into the local network and rebuild my connections. Also looking for help on doing some work on my 94 Ranger Ext Cab with 400 hp 302 in it. :icon_hornsup:
  7. Trying to resurrect a new to me, butchered 302 conversion, need help ASAP !

Should be easy answers for those experienced with 302/Ranger conversions. Need help ASAP, trying to get this thing resurrected before I move out of State in less than 7 weeks http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167388
  8. 80 plus views and not a single answer or suggestion ?

Really ? 80 plus views and ZERO answers to three common questions ? http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167388 Im on a seriously tight timeline, I would REALLY appreciate some help :bawling:
  9. Need 3 questions answered ASAP ! Trying to resurrect new to me butchered 302 Ranger

Hard to believe its been three years since I last logged on here life got seriously complicated for a while LOL. I would love to fill everyone in, but it would be a seriously long post. Lets just say this. I have both my kids full time, in fact I have a hearing in two weeks to get full...
  10. It followed me home I swear/ aka the sickness deepens/TONS of questions

As the title says. My Ranger sickness has gotten worse. I have my other build thread for my 92 Supercab 2 wd, but I've been fighting a bad head gasket problem in the 3.0 for months, hoping it would hold together until this Spring when I would be much closer to being ready to put the long...
  11. Does anyone know ???

Does anyone know if its a direct swap on a 1992 ext cab ranger to switch the back quarter windows from the permanently closed ones to the ones that pop open a little ? What Im trying to find out is if the recess in the exterior body panel where the windows sit is the same for both styles or if...
  12. Any experience with grafting newer armrests to older door panels ?

Hey guys, anyone have any experience with grafting newer style Explorer or Ranger door armrests onto Gen II door panels ? I've finally gotten the last of the pieces I needed for my interior project. Picked up the power window/door lock switches, harness, motors , regulators , etc yesterday from...
  13. Need some help with Power Window/Door Locks Conversion

Hey guys, I couldnt find anything in the Tech Section so Im hoping someone will see this thread and be able to provide some guidance. My project truck is a 92 Ext cab Ranger and I want to switch it from manual to power windows/door locks. I know Bronco II stuff will work, but finding late 80s...
  14. Got my 8.8 From Explorer, need casting/tag numbers decoded

So I picked up the 8.8 I needed as part of my project from a local Pull It Yard earlier this month for 50 bucks:shok: Problem is all I know is its out of a mid nineties Explorer and nothing else. Even more of a problem is, the day after I picked it up and got it home I had an accident and...
  15. 1992 2wd V8 Swap officially gets off the ground. need tech HELP ASAP!

Hey everyone, Good news to report. My long planned 302 V8 swap has officially gotten started as of today. Put down a deposit at a local shop for a 350hp 302 and AOD with 2800 convertor and shift kit and a 100hp shot of NOS out of an '89 GT today. The shop owner bought the car for the body...
  16. Cold Air Intake flowing to much air for 3.0 ??

Hey guys, since Sunday was such a nice day, after I spent the morning putting my new Cobra Wheels on the Ranger, I still wanted to do some wrenching, so I splurged on a Cold Air Intake Kit. 1992 3.0 Automatic. I installed it yesterday and the results were NOT GOOD !!!:shok: She barely idled...
  17. Need some tech help , going to the Pull it Yard !!

Ok folks, I searched the Tech Library hi and lo and either what Im seeking isnt there or Im blind. I need two questions answered ASAP, as Im planning a trip to the U Pull It Yard after a scouting mission yesterday. Vehicle under construction is 1992 Ranger Ext cab 2whd. 1) What year Explorer...
  18. Photoshop some paint scheme's PLEASE ???

Hey guys, can some of you Photoshop Wizards do some paint scheme's for me on the blue extended cab Ranger in the pics found here http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79465 I'd like to see ALL "Black Cherry Mettalic ", Black Cherry Mettalic Two tone over medium gray...
  19. 1992 Ranger Super Cab Build, this will be a LONG term project

NEW PICS !!1992 Ranger Super Cab Build, with PICS, LONG Term Project! Well, I guess Im finally gonna get around to creating my build thread. Now that the warm weather is here, I've been able to start making some small changes and minor upgrades. But be warned, this will be a LONG TERM project...
  20. PULLING MY HAIR OUT ! Need help !! Ignition Problem

UPDATE FIXED AND RUNNING GOOD Ignition Problem '92 Ranger 3.0 Automatic Running fine, driven once or twice a week for the last several months. Overdue for a tune up so I took advantage of the warm up in the weather and take care of it today. I drove the truck last night and started it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad