• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 351w Explorer balancer

I'm just putting this on here for anyone thinking about using damperdudes.com to make their balancer. They did an amazing job on mine. It was completely rust and grease out of a junkyard with the trigger wheel knocked off. I sent it to them to rebuild and rebalance to 28oz and it looks brand...
  2. 351w build help

My ranger is close to being done so I've started on the motor which is a 351w, It's a 97 F-250 roller block. I was gonna leave it stock but when I started tearing it down a couple bolts broke off in the heads trying to get the manifolds off so now I'm gonna go ahead and rebuild with all new...
  3. 98+ steering shaft coupler

I'm trying to find a u joint to go from the ranger stock rack and pinion to 3/4" DD shaft for a custom shaft I'm doing and I don't know what to type in to find this. It's a weird shape and everything I look up brings up older model rangers or SAS swaps to a steering box so I'm lost. Sent from...
  4. 351w cam position sensor

I was wondering if anyone on here has successfully made a 351w cam position sensor without machining. I called price motorsport and I told him I already have a shaft that will work so could he sell me just the housing and he said they won't have any 351 cps for at least 3 months and didn't sound...
  5. Ranger T5 swap speedometer

I have an 03 ranger edge with a 5.0 and T5 running a 97 explorer computer. The speedometer worked fine with the 4R70W trams out of the explorer but I swapped to a T5 out of a 2000 model mustang. It runs fine without any tune (just took the "check engine" light out because I couldn't get over...
  6. 2003 351w ranger edge brakes

I'm building a new ranger with a 351 and I'm hiding most of the wires so where the fuse box was is where all my brake lines run to, I want to say it's the proportioning valve, but I moved it back torwards the firewall and my question is: If I don't plug in the plug that goes to it will my...
  7. GT-40 Torque Monster Headers for sale

I would post this in the for sale section but it's sorta 5.0 swap specific so I don't know for sure where they should go but I have these on Craigslist now if anybody's interested. http://columbusga.craigslist.org/pts/5533087387.html
  8. '03 351w Ranger manual steering rack

I have a new ranger I'm starting on but this ones getting a 351w. I'm doing a lot of stuff already and have the wires hidden in the dash, extended the control arms out 4.5", and tubing fender wells. Battery's going behind the seat. And a few more things will be done but I wanted to ask opinions...
  9. Making 97 5.0 to 03 ranger jumper harness...need help

Ive got an 03 ranger single cab that came with a 3.0 stick shift. I'm using an early 97 explorer pcm so I went to the junkyard and cut the 42 pin connector off of the body side of a 5.0 explorer and I cut the 42 pin engine harness side of the ranger. I want to make a jumper harness between the 2...
  10. SCT tuner for 5.0 mountaineer computer

My 03 5.0 ranger is running using an early 97 Mercury mountaineer computer. Pretty much the same as the early 97 explorer computer. I would post somewhere else if I knew where to go but my questions are: 1. Which SCT tuner should a buy to use on this setup 2. If I buy a used one that's unmarried...
  11. Ranger T-5 swap with mustang hydraulic throw out bearing

I have a 2003 5.0 ranger edge. I swapped in the T5 and used an older ranger master cylinder and universal slave. To use the older ranger master I had to drill holes through the firewall to mount it since the 98+ rangers master snaps into the pedal assembly itself. That lasted awhile but it...
  12. 5.0 ranger T5 clutch help

Alright I have a mustang T5 in my 03 ranger edge (originally 3.0). The 98+ rangers clutch master connects into the pedal assembly itself while the 97 and earlier bolted to the firewall. I used an older ranger 7/8 bore clutch master bolted to the firewall and down to a universal 7/8 bore clutch...
  13. Has anyone tried 66-77 long tube bronco headers 5.0 swap

I was just wondering if anyone's tried using or making these work with a little cutting and welding but I can get a good set of longtube 66-77 bronco headers for like $50 and they look really close to being able to work (keep in mind i know something would have to be done about the steering...
  14. 03 ranger M122 swap tuning

My ranger is an 03 with 97 Mercury mountaineer 5.0 (GT-40) and it's still obd2 and fuel injected so my question is, if I bought an SCT tuner could I send them a list of things I'll be adding along with the blower like throttle body, injectors to get a custom supercharger tune or would I still...
  15. 03' 351w swap help distributor

I have a 2003 ranger edge with a 5.0 now and I'm looking into swapping it for the 351w and I know what it takes to do this swap. I'm trying to figure out the hardest parts before I attempt it like oil pan, headers, 28oz balancer for explorer FEAD, and cam position sensor and that's what this...
  16. 03 edge with 5.0 Auto to manual T-5 swap

Hi, I've posted a a couple times through this build to get some help getting it running. I have an 03 Edge with 97 5.0 from mountaineer. I have the auto in and it runs fine but I've always wanted a 302 ranger but always planned on a T5. Since my truck was already auto I went the easy route but I...
  17. 97 exp 5.0 in 03 ranger edge...runs but alternator question

I done the swap and most the wiring is done. The truck will start and run fine. But will die without the battery plugged up and charged. But since my truck is an 03 the driver fender well didn't have a solenoid. The 97 explorer did have a fender solenoid. So I bolted it to my truck, ran the...
  18. 97 exp 5.0 into 03 Ranger edge wiring help please!!!

Hi, I have an 03 ranger edge ext cab 2wd that came auto with the 3.0. Don't feel like explaining what happened but the 3.0 is in the yard and the 5.0 is about to go in. I have an entire 1997 mercury mountaineer as a donor. My only problem is I'm not too great on wiring just kinda getting by when...
  19. steeda triax shifter for wrong trans need help!!!

today i bought a steeda short throw shift but the part#070-997-0158 says its for a tremec but i have a 1990 t-5 out of a 302 mustang....idk much about how the shifters are different because it almost feels like it will work but its weird and this is the only shifter i have......is there any way...
  20. 302 dead spot need help!

hey i have a 302 i recently swapped into my ranger.. when i hit the gas full throttle starting from 850rpms(idle) it takes like a full second literally before it kicks in and doesnt have "great" throttle response compared to others ive heard and the whole deacceleration back down its popping...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad