• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Mike92STX

Stalled and didn't want to start?

My 04 Ranger with a 4.0 stalled when I was taking off from a red light. When I tried to start it, didn't do anything. I tried a few times and on the last try I let the key turn back from the start position just a little and it started. Anyone have an idea what causes this problem? It did it once...
  2. Mike92STX

No Red line on tach

I have a 2004 Ranger FX4, it has a manual trans. Can someone tell me why they didn't put a red line on the tach? The exhaust is so quiet I can't hear the motor good enough sometimes to tell when it's time to shift. It's not a real problem, just curious if anyone knows the reason. A guy I work...
  3. Mike92STX

Vibration while accelerating in 2nd gear.

I have a 04 FX4 and it just started vibrating in 2nd gear. I jacked it up and checked for loose wheels and extra play in drive shaft and rear end. There is a little slop in the drive train. I've only had the truck for a few years, and it seemed like it was pretty well maintained except for the...
  4. Mike92STX

Another Dash light bulb Question

I have a 2004 Ranger and I have a bulb out in the instrument panel. I thought it had the 194 bulbs but after some research I have found out it has something called a T74. This bulb at a dealer comes with the 1/4 turn holder glued to the bulb? My question is has anyone tried removing the old...
  5. Mike92STX

Drum brake adjuster

My back brakes didn't work in the snow the other day, so I decided to check them today. The left one looked like it was working but the right rear adjuster was adjusted all the way in and so tight I had to put it in a vise and loosen it. My question, is the adjuster on the right rear supposed to...
  6. Mike92STX

Door Open Light

I have a 04 extended cab FX4, and the door open light will come on really easy. It is usually the passenger side rear, so I close it firmly and it's good until it's opened again. can someone tell me where the sensor for that side is because today the temperature is -2 degrees, and it is staying...
  7. Mike92STX

Another clutch bleeding question.

I was trying to bleed my clutch to see if I could get the pedal to engage a little higher. I have one of the pumps, so I connected it to the bleeder valve and opened the valve. I tried pumping it and nothing, so I tried turning it some more still nothing. After checking the master to make sure...
  8. Mike92STX

Temperature sensors leaking

I have a aluminum thermostat housing and I noticed coolant on the housing. I thought the bypass hose was bad, so I just replaced that and now it looks like the sensors are leaking. The housing is only a few months old so I'm wondering is there a fix or do I have to replace the sensors?
  9. Mike92STX

Ranger Flare side/ step side bed dimension .

I have a 2004 Ranger FX4 extended cab with a step side bed and I was wondering if all the step side/ flare side have the same dimensions and are they mounted the same? Because the outer fenders are plastic or fiberglass I was thinking I might be able to find a bed that isn't rusted in the bottom...
  10. Mike92STX

What brand and weight oil do you use?

I'm going to put a remanufactered motor in my 04 FX4. I used to like Penzoil but I have heard some questionable things about it so I decided to switch and can't decide which one to try. They require regular oil fir the break in so I can't use synthetic. I had a bad experience with synthetic oil...
  11. Mike92STX

Exhaust Manifold Studs

Can someone tell me the size of the exhaust manifold studs on a 04 Ranger with 4.0 V6. The Dorman part number is 03129 says 12mm - 1.75x 62mm. I thought I could get the part number and size from a Ford web site but the ones I tried were real stupid. I put in what truck I have and give parts for...
  12. Mike92STX

Clutch Pedal to Idler Shaft Bushing Replacement

Has anyone done this on their Ranger? It's in the tech section. I'm thinking about it because I replaced the bushing and it still is loose. If you have done this, what year truck because the repair was done on a 1990 Ranger and I have a 2004 are they the same?
  13. Mike92STX

Do I need to replace cam chain adjuster ?

I have a rattle when it warms up. 04 FX4 with 246000 miles. I've owned it for a little over a year, it had 244000 miles on it when I bought it. I read that when the cam chain tensioner is going bad it causes a rattle sound. Well I have a video with sound but I can't figure out how to download...
  14. Mike92STX

Amp location

Is this the amp on my 04 Fx4 ? I want to install a cheap subwoofer and according to schematic it has a amp. All I need is a place to tie in to a speaker wire and figured it is supposed to have a amp so that would be the best place.
  15. Mike92STX

2004 FX4 with 4.0 AC compressor clutch making noise at start up.

I have a 04 Ranger FX4 with a 4.0 and when I start it and turn on air conditioning it makes a grinding sound. The clutch on the compressor has some rust dust on it so I'm thinking the clutch is going bad. My question is can I replace the clutch without take the compressor off the motor? I also...
  16. Mike92STX

Ignition Switch won't go back to power up radio?

I got a 2004 FX4 and when I try to turn the key back to listen to the radio it doesn't work. The only way I can get it to get power to the radio is turn the key to the run position and that turns all the start up lights on the dash on. I don't think it's normal but I don't know much?
  17. Mike92STX

Third Brake Light

I just got a 04 FX4 and the third brake light is leaking, after ordering a new gasket on ebay and getting the wrong one I decided to get a new after market brake light with LED lights. My question is the truck didn't have the bed light and the new comes with it has anyone wired a bed light on a...
  18. Mike92STX

92 Ranger STX Project Sold 3/13/2020

I have a 92 STX with a lot of body rust, I have 2 cab corners and 1 door jamb but don't have a welder. It has a 4.0 that runs strong but it has a valve cover leak. The truck has a 2 inch body lift and a 6 inch frame lift. I replaced the old 327 differentials with some from a JY 93 ranger 373...
  19. Mike92STX

99 Ranger with a siezed motor

I am getting a 99 Ranger 3.0 with a seized motor. Are there any parts that are interchangeable with my 92. Both are 4wd, mine is standard transmission and the 99 is automatic. The body is in real good shape but the frame behind the driver side rear wheel has had a piece of angle iron welded to...
  20. Mike92STX

Transfer case flange

Can anyone tell me the Spicer part number for the flange on the back of the transfer case to the drive shaft. The holes in mine are worn so I can push the bearing cups out almost by hand? I have a 92 STX 4.0 5 speed and the flange is smaller than the one on the differential. If spicer doesn't...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad