• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. GoGoggansGo

3.0 Performance Build

i shit you not my dad has the flex fuel engine and it was faster than the non flex fuel truck
  2. GoGoggansGo

2.3 needs more power

You’re 100 percent correct back in the day my brother wanted to build his 2.3, turbo you name it. But it was just so expensive to do and parts aren’t easy to get. Considering my big turbo fiesta makes 310whp, for about 3000 dollars all in. It’s easier just to swap in a 5.0 IMO
  3. GoGoggansGo

Back after 8 years

All black ?
  4. GoGoggansGo

Back after 8 years

I haven’t been on here in a long long long time and boy i forgot what a great sight this was but for the hell of I’d like to go over my car purchases and my stories. My 1993 ford ranger 4.0 which my dad bought new btw gave up the ghost this year during the snap cold front, she finally broke down...
  5. GoGoggansGo

OHV performance?

i was just going to say lol the dude who made this thread is long long long gone
  6. GoGoggansGo

Updating the 4.0L Tech Page - Suggestions Needed

lol i preferred their OHV engine as well, my parents have the SOHC engine in there explorer and i could write an paper about how dated and old it feels
  7. GoGoggansGo

How to build a 4.0 OHV for power, some limits and tips...

lol i haven’t been active on here since 2012 and got bored. The short answer would be no, the OHV 4.0 wouldn’t gain a lot by doing a head swap from the later castings. Even if the compression did go up and I’m sure it does Ford must of gone it’s not worth talking or re certifying the engine over
  8. GoGoggansGo

Need help with diagnosis

I have a 93 4.0 with 225k miles on her. She’s been a good truck and now I’ve gotten good little chirp/squeak coming from the engine unfortunately i won’t be able to really get a good idea what’s up until i have some free time and look the old gal over. But what’s going on is in this cold and...
  9. GoGoggansGo

Are magnaflow cats good

I have an 93 4.0 with mods etc. Its not that my stock cat are bad they are working fine as are the stock o2 sensors. What i am looking for are good performance cats is there any are mags good any suggestions is it worth my time. Please be nice as I do not know any info thanks:icon_thumby...
  10. GoGoggansGo

93 Ford Ranger paint correction finished

Took 3 days heres a link to my autogeek.net forum thread :icon_cheers: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/49324-final-paint-correction-93-ford-ranger.html
  11. GoGoggansGo

93-95 Ford Ranger Chips, and Tunes

Out of curiosity I have been wondering if anybody has used Jet chip, Hypertech, or any other chips or tuning to have any positive results. I did contact Hypertech some time ago, and with my ported heads, and other mods it will do me no good only a stock 4.0 is what the chip is designed for. Just...
  12. GoGoggansGo

93 OBI check engine

I have recently noticed that my check engine light does not come on when. I turn on the ignition. I removed the negative battery terminal, and in theory this should have reset the primitive OBDI, but to no avail. So could the check engine light be burnt. The truck runs like a top no misses or...
  13. GoGoggansGo

2nd Gear Grinding

I have had the clutch replaced, that included a new slave cylinder and other items replaced. This was 2 to 3 years ago, so I don't remember everything. Just the other day I was driving pretty lividly, and did a quick shit into second, and starting grinding, so I put it in neutral Ok everything...
  14. GoGoggansGo

Svt Focus vs 93 Ported 4.0 Ranger vs 08 cobalt ss supercharged

My very naive brother is looking at an svt focus. He thinks that it will be my 93 4.0 with a ton of mods only thing stock is the bottom end, cam, cats and manifold why if it working good why replace it. and headers are very expensive for the 4.0 if you very good ones. And he thinks he can keep...
  15. GoGoggansGo

93 Ford Ranger 4.0 Headers

I was just wondering what headers are the best why, what metal to get ceramic steel, stainless, or titanium. If my manifolds ever go, I will get headers, but nobody really has a strait answer thanks for any help. I did find some pacesetter headers heres the link...
  16. GoGoggansGo

93-95 OBDI jet chip

Just wondering is the Jet chip for my 93 4.0 any good?:icon_thumby: I have heard both good and bad. Any info with be greatly appreciated thanks
  17. GoGoggansGo

8.8 3.55 to 4.10 Gas Mileage

My old man thinks I will ruin my gas mileage by putting 4.10s in my 4.0 ranger. I have heard it might drop a little or stay the same, and even heard the mileage might improve. Any info will help thanks. 8.8 3.55 stock
  18. GoGoggansGo

8.8 3.55 to 4.10 Parts list

If anybody could give me some semblance of an parts list for an 3.55 to 4.10 swap? I know I need a Ring and Pinion I have chosen the Ford Racing 8.8 sets from summit. Any tips would be greatly appreciated Thanks. It is also a 93 so I will also have to get a speedo gear, and from what info I have...
  19. GoGoggansGo

want to spin tires easier in 1st no clutch dump

i have an 93 ford ranger i dont beat it but it would like to be able to in 1st gear be able to spin the tires without any help from the clutch. heres my mod list ported head and intake kkm intake muffler delete msd ignition pulstar plugs stock manifold and cam needs a dyno tune and will get...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad