• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ty84

"The Mutt" '54 willys pick 'em up truck/sorta rangerish thing

so heres the link to my ranger build when it was still gonna stay a ranger.. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128624 now that you have hopefully read the previous thread, heres what i gots ta show ya!:icon_thumby: so my Ranger wont pass smog here in CA... and i dont want...
  2. Ty84

SOHC 4.0 swap questions

so im gonna swap a 4.0 into my '84 ranger and i know the OHV 4.0 goes in really easy, but is it the same with the SOHC? i would rather have the SOHC because of the performance gains but if its gonna a lot of fab work id settle for the OHV 4.0... anyone have input? i look through the tech library...
  3. Ty84

4.0L swap question

so as far as swapping a 4.0L into my '84 ranger, is there any especially sought after years or models i should look for? and i know its supposed to be a pretty simple swap from the 2.8 to the 4.0 but has anyone had any major problems with it? any help is appriciated!:icon_thumby:
  4. Ty84

2.8L wiring harness?

im not really sure if im posting this in the right spot.. but does anyone know where i can buy a full new wiring harness for my 2.8? the truck is an '84 4x4 v6 if that helps.... any help is appriciated:icon_thumby:
  5. Ty84

H1 beadlock question

I have a question about H1 beadlock wheels... Is there anywhere that I can get them in a bolt pattern to fit a Dana 30? Any info is appreciated!
  6. Ty84

im sure this has been asked before...

so ive seen a lot of people on TRS with banners that say things like '3/4 ton SAS group" or "V8 swap group"... things like that, and i was wondering how you get em?.... and if i do get one, what would a d30 be considered? either 1/4 ton or half ton id assume.... thanks for any help:icon_thumby:
  7. Ty84

no ford ads on TRS??? come on!

idk if im the only one whose noticed this, or maybe im the only one who likes to complain about this kinda stuff:thefinger: but i havent seen ford ads on TRS! we need more ford ads. not honda, ram, jeep and yota
  8. Ty84

gulf oil livery gen 1?

anyone have a picture of a gen 1 ranger with a gulf oil livery? just curious haha
  9. Ty84

B2 body with ranger shortbed and extended frame???

has anyone ever heard of a person getting a b2 and extending the frame to fit a short bed from a ranger? i think thatd be a super unique truck to see:D youd have to cut out the rear wheel arches and fill it in so its flat and then i dont see what else youd have to do to make it look good...
  10. Ty84

'84 ranger single cab, whats a decent and inexpensive set up?

so does anyone know of a set up for a small cab like that that will preform kinda middle range but not cost too much? iv got my truck wired for a four speaker system atm, each door and two behind the seat but only the doors are hooked to speakers... any help is greatly appreciated!:D
  11. Ty84

extending factory wheel wells, '84 ranger

so here is my solution to a common problem, my 33" tires wouldnt fit under the factory wheel wells so i decided to make em 3 inches taller and 3 inches longer while still maintaining the stock look.:icon_welder: so first i cut the fenders out in big squares with plenty of extra to trim if i...
  12. Ty84

'84 ranger 2.8L 4x4 build thread

iv been putting this off for wayyy to long now, iv been builing my ranger for just under a year now so iv got a lot of pictures and information to throw down haha so im 16 and this is my first truck, its an '84 single cab long bed v6 with an auto tranny and this is it on day one on the trailer...
  13. Ty84

what coils should i use w/ d30?

hey, iv got a d30 in the front of my 84 ranger and the coils i am currently using arent preforming off road as well as id like... i dont know what they came from, just had em laying around the shop and they fit right... what are you guys using for coils? id like to keep about a 4 inch lift. any...
  14. Ty84

C5 tranny won't shift, 84 ranger 4x4

My c5 won't shift! Just took it for the first road test today and it only stays in first while in drive, I can manually shift to 2nd though... I've checked the modulator vacuum and it's got great vaccum and it's an almost brand new modulator... Any thoughts would be helpful thanks!
  15. Ty84

dana 30/driveshaft issues....

ok so i have a low pinion dana 30 from a 96 jeep grand cherokee and im having trouble with getting the driveshaft to not be too steeply angled... ive got an 84 ranger 4x4 with the stock transfer case, it has the splined slip on connection and i cant figure out how to get it to work with the new...
  16. Ty84

i need help with finding straight axle, 86 ranger 4x4

ive got an 86 ranger 4x4, long bed, single cab. im searching for a solid front axle that will fit nicley underneath with a 5 lug pattern and about 50 inches wide, does anyone know of any axles that fit the bill? ive been looking but keep coming up empty handed... any help is much appreciated:D
  17. Ty84

thinkin about a 302 conversion

im thinking about stuffing a 302 from an f-150 into my 84 ranger 4x4, i was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it or has actually done a similar conversion? the biggest thing i dont know about is the smog situation... and im in california so im assuming its very strict laws about smog...
  18. Ty84

front axle parts for 1984 ranger 4x4

Im not sure if this is the correct forum but i am looking for front axle parts for my 1984 ranger 4x4, does anyone know of anyone who sells new or used parts? thanks for the help

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad